Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > fastkilr's Super Meat Boy (XLA) review

This thread is in response to a review for Super Meat Boy on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: April 02, 2011 (02:59 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Great review.

This in particular, is wonderful:

. Team Meat’s given you all of the finesse needed to work your way around platforms, has provided you with complete control of the slippery slab of meat, so really, any problems you might have with SMB can be written off as user error. This is a brutal dynamic that’s rarely seen in today’s mainstream games, one that holds absolute adoration and simultaneously a level of contempt for its audience. It provides gamers with hours of entertaining gameplay but refuses to pick up the tab for the ensuing years of therapy that are likely to follow.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: April 02, 2011 (03:45 PM)

I'm a big fan of challenge and high expectations, but I'm not playing any game that requires years of therapy.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: April 02, 2011 (06:31 PM)

Ha yeah that's what Leroux was saying. The game is seriously hard as hell.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: April 02, 2011 (07:22 PM)

I was pretty terrified of this game at first, but I found it enjoyable in the end. It's hard, but not impossible.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: April 02, 2011 (08:34 PM)

The thing about SMB is that it came out in the wrong era. People praise Contra, Metal Slug, shmups etc which are just as tough if not tougher. The controls are so good that the hundreds (if not more) of deaths never feel cheap and the game is pretty much always fun.

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than WrenchHurts requested its removal.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than WrenchHurts requested its removal.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.