Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Epic Dungeon [XBLi] review

This thread is in response to a review for Epic Dungeon on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: March 24, 2011 (12:09 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Sweet review! Makes me want to pick it back up, as I bought it, but have been playing other things recently. Hell, yesterday, I was off work sick and didn't even think about Epic. Instead played Illusion of Gaia through the first real boss and then fiddled with the early stages of Breath of Fire 2 using the patch that vastly improves the dialogue.

I know my first berzerker/barbarian/whatever is pretty much doomed. One character I'm thinking about using is the tinkerer or whoever starts with the attack ball going around him. From a bit o' web searching, I found that people seem to LOVE how effective that thing is.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: March 24, 2011 (02:55 PM)

Thanks, OD.

I actually had that attack ball thing (I think it was called The Orb) with my berzerker. It's a very handy skill to have.

Ah, IoG... I love that game. I still plan to review it eventually. Also, never did finish BoFII. I keep restarting it and forgetting that I'm playing it.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: March 24, 2011 (03:34 PM)

BoF II is a game that I've beaten, but didn't get the good ending because I didn't have a guide when I beat it. There's one specific thing you have to during during one specific boss fight that's about 75% through the game.

For a game I like, it has a lot of "stall points".

1. The beginning. If you're like me and like to get the best weaponry in towns before going places, this sucks. You'll have to spend about 1,000 to fully equip Ryu and Bow/Bosch and encounters tend to drop 4-6 a pop. If you're lucky, you'll get some 200G roasts from hunting to help out.

2. Algernon. One evil boss.

3. The final dungeon. Pure frickin' hell. It rivals FF IV's as this long, tedious monster. And Barubary (the big demon that accosts you at the very beginning of the game) is brutal whether you do the honorable duel with it or the 4-on-1 battle.

4. And if you don't use a guide to build your town, you'll get some worthless guys who don't help much while missing out on, say, the person who allows you to cook stat-boosting items.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.