Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > dagoss's Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection review

This thread is in response to a review for Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: espiga
Posted: July 04, 2008 (05:43 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I’m a firm believer that the next great work of art we produce is going to be a video game,

That's been done already. It's called ICO.

Your girlfriend's name ends in .jpg

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: July 05, 2008 (01:28 AM)

Your 8 is pretty kind, given that you have plenty of misgivings about the series, and more to the point, that some seriously odd choices were made in what to include in a collection marked as 'essential'. I was fully expecting a 6.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: asherdeus
Posted: July 05, 2008 (10:24 PM)

Link in the end of the article doesn't work.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: July 05, 2008 (11:00 PM)

good review man, completely agreed with what you said. as much as I enjoyed it, MGS3 really does have too much menu-diving. plus this collection is missing out on a few too many things.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: July 06, 2008 (06:58 AM)

@asherdeus: It was to a page describing the 20th Anniversary Collection. I just removed it; problem solved. It seems URLs to sites outside HG.com will not work in reviews.

@espiga: I agree.

@sashanan: I can see where you're coming from. I think part of the problem is that I tried to cover way too much material at once. I would have scored each component differently. This review could really be broken up into four reviews.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: July 06, 2008 (07:36 AM)

Links to urls outside of HG don't work? Since when?

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Posted: July 06, 2008 (07:39 AM)

It only seems to be in reviews. For example, an anchor tag with HREF="www.google.com" will link to "http://www.honestgamers.com/www.google.com" instead.

board icon
Author: espiga
Posted: July 06, 2008 (07:41 AM)

When you do your a href tag, make sure you.include http://www. That should help you avoid broken links.

Your girlfriend's name ends in .jpg

board icon
Posted: July 06, 2008 (07:51 AM)

Ackk! I hate when I do dumb things.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.