Google+   Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | DS | PS3 | PS4 | PSP | VITA | WII | WIIU | X360 | XB1 | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > darketernal's The Witcher review

This thread is in response to a review for The Witcher on the Miscellaneous. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: March 10, 2011 (01:50 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I enjoyed playing this game. I always felt it was an "adult RPG" but I did not get that feeling from your review. I wondered if you felt, like I did, the game might be to complex in some of the political areas; between the drinking games and the bedroom games perhaps to mature for some people?

I liked the review but I think the alchemy system probably deserves a bit more attention. I thought The Witchers claim to fame was the use of potions and oils and CDProjekt did a really good job of making that easy and accessible.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: darketernal
Posted: March 10, 2011 (02:27 PM)

Writing a review for this game proved quite a challenge, to be honest. The thing is that my last paragraph for it stands, be it for explaining the review or the game. They put a lot in it.

I don't know if I would agree with you for it being an "adult" rpg. I played many roleplaying games, and this one, aside for using words like "cock" didn't really stand out as that adult for me. You kill stuff, you have sex with stuff, you learn stuff. This happens in a lot of games these days, but I do agree that the Witcher has more of a focus on some of those things.

My first draft for this review was over three pages long. Then I started to cut things out. More and more, and more, and this was the shortest I could make it. The thing is, there are a lot of things to do in the game, and while I do agree that the alchemy is a very important part of the game, I also think that I could write a review on Alchemy alone that would be as long as the review for an entire game, and I still wouldn't say everything I wanted to say.

Idemo do dna....tugo ti i ja.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: March 10, 2011 (04:35 PM)

Good to see you reviewing again!

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: radicaldreamer
Posted: March 10, 2011 (06:11 PM)

I've been playing this game for the past two weeks or so and I'm enjoying it, though I find it a little silly how easily and frequently Geralt can get laid. For promiscuity's sake, it's a good thing that he's infertile and immune to infectious diseases.

"...training grounds of what little witchers still exist."

I think this would be better worded as "training grounds for what few witchers still exist."

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: darketernal
Posted: March 11, 2011 (01:07 PM)

Yeah, it's better. Fixed.

Idemo do dna....tugo ti i ja.

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: March 11, 2011 (02:00 PM)

Maybe you did not play the full nude version of the game like I did.

And I agree you could write pages on this game. In fact I would not see any problem with part one and a part two. Post them a few days apart. Create a precedence if not created already.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: March 12, 2011 (11:32 AM)

Multipart reviews.. that sounds like a really good idea.. :)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

Info | Help | Privacy Policy | Contact | Advertise | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998-2014 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. The Witcher is a registered trademark of its copyright holder. This site makes no claim to The Witcher, its characters, screenshots, artwork, music, or any intellectual property contained within. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors.