Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Mega5010's Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime review

This thread is in response to a review for Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime on the DS. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: February 24, 2011 (06:53 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Hey. You're the first new guy we've seen in a while. If you're interested in sticking around here, I'll try to leave you feedback on this later today. Ordinarily, I'd just go ahead and do it without the pre-emptive post, but I'm busy I have work right now and so don't have the time to say anything in depth at the moment.

But I will say: welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your time here and aren't put off by anything you see in the forums.

EDIT: Turns out you're not so new, but either way, the offer still stands

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: joseph_valencia
Posted: February 24, 2011 (08:32 AM)

This is a goopendous review. (slurp) It is very thorough and solidly written, and it tells me everything I would want to know about the game. (boing) I especially appreciate the slurpspective on controls, as I consider the touch-screen to someslimes be a hinderance in DS games. Keep up the goood work (not-so-stealth edit) as always.

JOSEPH VALENCIA was able to build this sig IN A CAVE…… WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: February 24, 2011 (12:01 PM)

Mega's one of the old GameFAQs crew. Good to see you writing again, old friend!

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: February 24, 2011 (01:45 PM)

I was pleasantly surprised to see your name, too. Hope life's been treating you well. The sub-muse of review-writing seems to have.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: Mega5010
Posted: February 24, 2011 (07:25 PM)

Hello all... and Jerc. >_>

This is literally the first review I've written since the last one at GameFAQs. I'm trying to get somewhat of a portfolio together of my writing samples, and reviewing games and getting back into the habit is something that I need to do.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: February 26, 2011 (03:37 AM)

"The same can be said of the gameplay outside of the tank. It’s fresh and fun the first few areas to explore and rescue your slime friends and family, but factors such as enemy combat and how generally slow Rocket moves bogs it down. The only combat option you have is to stretch yourself and blast into a bad guy, and that only gets upgraded to a more powerful version once throughout the game. When your lead character is a slime and can contort and twist into different shapes, don’t you think you’re missing something by not including that? While there is incentive to explore every nook and cranny for ammo and slimes (some of which are pretty well hidden and require some thinking to get to), it’s like wading through the shallow end of the pool to do so. You need some logical thinking skills, but the majority of the puzzles are variations of carry item here, stretch yourself there, etc."

*belly-laugh* Awesome paragraph. Really was the money-shot right there.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.