Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Review of the Week, 30 January to 5 February 2011 (bloomer)

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: February 06, 2011 (11:55 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Review of the Week, 30 January to 5 February 2011

There were five reviews in contention. It certainly wasn't a week of spectacle. In most cases, it was a week of reviewing 'meh' games.

First Place

honestgamer's LittleBigPlanet 2 review (PS3)

You can learn a little more about the man who runs this website from this review, and you should get a clear idea about the nature of the user-generated content on offer for LBP2's game/game-maker, and be able to speculate on whether you may have the chops or time to use it to produce your own content.

Second Place

Emp's Crimecraft: Bleedout review(PC)

A crime MMO gets better as blahed-out reviewers fob off free fantasy MMO's thrust in their direction.

Third Place

JoeTheDestroyer's Krazy Kreatures review (NES)

Another crappy game for the NES motivates another traditional consumer warning from Joe.

---

PS Pickhut's video does successfully illustrate a point from his review.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: February 07, 2011 (01:47 AM)

Thank you, bloomer. I agree that this was a week of "mehness." I was hoping to have a more positive review out this week (one for Super Meat Boy), but didn't like the way the review was shaping out.

Congrats, Jason, on the win.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: February 07, 2011 (03:29 AM)

Thanks for the comments, bloomer, and for posting the RotW topic in a timely fashion despite server switch issues and everything else that this week has brought. I'm glad you enjoyed the review!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: February 07, 2011 (04:00 AM)

If not for the above meddling, The Ball would have qualified for this week! Grumble. Grumble! The only upshot of this is that the focus window I made for Jason's review was also destroyed.

Thanks for the placement, and congrats to Jason and Joe. Are you back to typing this now, or are you still dictating?

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: February 07, 2011 (05:31 AM)

I dictated RoTW. Except for really short messages (like this reply now) I dictate everything these days. This way I have more hand-arm resources to spread around other activities. It's been a major life improver.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: February 07, 2011 (02:05 PM)

Um, just thought I'd point out that my Krazy Kreatures review somehow became featured...

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: February 07, 2011 (03:16 PM)

Fixed, thanks!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: February 07, 2011 (03:22 PM)

That was me reading the list backwards! Hurrah!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: February 07, 2011 (09:40 PM)

Certainly some good reviews that week, congrats to all.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: Sclem
Posted: February 11, 2011 (07:36 AM)

Bloomer, I had no idea you were still even alive.

board icon
Author: True
Posted: February 11, 2011 (02:51 PM)

Bloomer, I had no idea you were still even alive.

You know, that's funny. I was going to say the same thing about you.

If I Offended You, You Needed It.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.