Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > honestgamer's Arkanoid DS review

This thread is in response to a review for Arkanoid DS on the DS. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: psychopenguin
Posted: July 03, 2008 (07:46 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thank you for saying what needed to be said!

Two things..

1) Online play is the most addictive part of the game to me, I think, but to each their own. I played Arkanoid for SNES a lot as a kid, and that game required staying home and playing on a TV, so maybe I am just used to staying at home and playing Arkanoid for hours. Also, online play makes everything better, and I have a few friends that play it too so it makes it even more enjoyable. Even with that friend code nonsense I am so sick of.

2) A more serious issue I have with Arkanoid DS isn't even entirely its fault. Basically, the game is meant to be played with vertical orientation (like Tetris). To make full use of the space provided, this means that the developers had to split the playing area in two, with dead space at the center.

**** I hate this :( Would be a must buy game otherwise.

Anyways, another great review from you. Been reading some good stuff from you lately.

http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=psycho_penguin

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: July 03, 2008 (11:47 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the review and that you've been enjoying some of my other recent stuff. My reviews tend to get a lot of hits but not usually any feedback from the regulars here, so I'm never quite sure who's actually reading them. That goes for a lot of reviews, though, so I can't really complain. Anyway, thanks again!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.