Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Suskie's Beat Hazard review

This thread is in response to a review for Beat Hazard on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: January 09, 2011 (12:01 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Holy damn! You did good with this one, Mike!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: January 09, 2011 (02:35 AM)

It's a good example of bringing other talents to bear on a video game review... this is really two reviews in one. That's like bringing a rocket launcher to a fencing duel. It will be hard for the judges to say no to this.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: January 09, 2011 (09:05 AM)

Holy shit, thanks! I sort of had to attack this game from a different angle and I had no idea how that would work out, so I'm glad to hear you liked it!

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: January 09, 2011 (09:06 AM)

I actually have this game on XBLI and once spent an hour or so making a mental draft to when I played it along with Blur's Song 2. Then I dumped it because I didn't think the approuch would work.

You've proved me quite wrong -- great review.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: January 09, 2011 (09:11 AM)

I played this game for 10 minutes and thought I was going to have a seizure. I've never seen so many flashy lights in my life.

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

board icon
Posted: January 09, 2011 (09:21 AM)

Baha. Doesn't the game have a seizure warning right when you boot it up?

This review probably should come with a "nobody else seems to love this game as much as I do" warning, but like I said, I'm convinced it comes down to careful song selection. Also, if any of you do want to check it out, know that the game accepts Xbox 360 controller input and I strongly recommend playing it that way. Mouse and keyboard is, understandably, not the best way to play a game like this.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the comments.

board icon
Posted: January 09, 2011 (10:48 AM)

Hilariously, it was just on sale.

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: January 09, 2011 (11:21 AM)

Think it did have a seizure warning. Well I doubt I would've had a seizure but the flashing lights was enough to make me instantly uninstall it. It's a shame since it seemed like a decent game.

You just missed a sale where you could get Beat Hazard, Audiosurf (decent), Geometry Wars (good), Bullet Candy (supposedly good), VVVVVV (good, I just reviewed this one last night), and one other indie game for $5.

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.