Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Red Dead Redemption review

This thread is in response to a review for Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: January 08, 2011 (11:45 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I had a lot of fun reading this review. It made me want to toss my copy of Red Dead Revolver out and pick this up.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: January 09, 2011 (02:47 AM)

this is bad:

as governments are wont to do, so kidnap his fledgling family and hold them ransom.

See it?

This is good:

As such we join him, and his rugged stubble beard and manly collection of facial scars...

Hell yeah.

Alright, my night of fun is over. Back to school and anonymity. At least until results are posted.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: January 09, 2011 (06:52 AM)

Joe: Redemption is such a huge improvement on the last game in every way possible, its hard to believe they're connected.

Zipp: I dont see much wrong there! Either way, Im loathe to make edits until after the results are in. Ill take a harder look at the entire review (that was written and proofed at around 3am) after all is said and done.

Many thanks both for reading.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: January 09, 2011 (08:36 AM)

I used to hate the animation, but I now think the entire thing was a set up to scare the shit out of you when, at the end, youre tricked into skinning a random dead deer when the mouantin cat that you had brefly scared away (off screen) comes back and mauls you mid-animation. It was the most I'd ever jumped in a game.

I noticed you sub the screens around 2am and figured that the review would shortly follow, so good job on hanging in there and getting something up. the downshot is I'll expect much more of the same in 2011.

board icon
Posted: January 09, 2011 (10:45 AM)

You should know, you have now been added to the list of people I despise for making me spend money when I don't have it... Red Dead is on its way...

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: January 11, 2011 (03:50 PM)

You'll thank me for it.

You still owe me a Broken Sword playthrough, too! Don't think sloping off will get you out of it.

board icon
Posted: January 11, 2011 (04:09 PM)

Really? When did I promise this?

board icon
Posted: January 11, 2011 (04:16 PM)

Around the time I reviewed the Director's Cut. Might still be in the feedback thread.

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: January 12, 2011 (01:42 PM)

EmP, I always enjoy your writing style. Stop making it so hard to do RotW!

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: January 12, 2011 (11:06 PM)

Oh right, this was the one that was ported to the DS but was far superior on the PC? I'll have to look up the thread, but I probably said something to the effect of "I don't own a PC but I wish I did... sort've."

board icon
Posted: January 12, 2011 (11:07 PM)

Ha, I see I didn't say such a thing! I also see that there is s PSX version. This conversation somehow was erased from my memory. Now I feel even MORE obligated to hunt it down. Is it on PSN, I wonder...?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.