Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Official RotW Topic 2011

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: December 15, 2011 (05:15 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I am almost always up around midnight on Saturday night and checking the site for submissions, bloomer, just as a matter of course. I know I'm not alone. I can't commit because things do happen, but I'll try to keep it in mind and post in this topic if it doesn't slip my mind. Submissions are generally approved very quickly these days, though, in case you wondered. Also, if you post in this topic around the big moment, that'll serve as a reminder to any staff who are up and checking the site (probably me, but possibly others).

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: December 15, 2011 (08:54 PM)

Bloomer's doing this week?

I'll just... wait until Sunday to submit my Skyrim review, then :)

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: December 16, 2011 (12:47 PM)

Then I'll get it. And will judge it with the same unforgiving eye of an Uncharted fanboy looking over Tom Chick's work.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: December 16, 2011 (03:31 PM)

So you're going to submit a horribly misspelled response that accuses Suskie of hit garnering and attention whoring?

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Posted: December 16, 2011 (04:01 PM)

Only if he:

1. Rates it lower than 10/10. I'd say 11/10, but the site software doesn't seem to be cool with this.

2. Mentions any flaws, regardless of whether they are a REAL problem or if I totally agree with them. Because those sorts of things are to be kept to oneself. Not told to the public like a "debbie downer" would do to ruin others' enjoyment.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: December 16, 2011 (11:03 PM)

I'll be doing both of those, so get your fanboy face on.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Posted: December 17, 2011 (10:51 PM)

The queues for this past week are clear, bloomer, in case you wondered. So I'll watch for the next 10 minutes or so and then you're golden.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: December 17, 2011 (11:08 PM)

Cheers.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: December 26, 2011 (12:35 PM)

overdrive, for this past week I only contributed one new review. Besides that, I moved around 8 or 9 reviews over from Gameroni. Don't worry about ranking those when you consider RotW placement, or Tom Chick's old reviews for Black Ops and Dead Space 2. There's plenty of new content that deserves the focus!

board icon
Posted: December 26, 2011 (03:50 PM)

I will thank you for this message later. As it makes things a LOT easier for me when I wind up doing it tomorrow.

Uh, just in case I can't immediately tell, what is your new review, so I don't read the wrong one? Off the top of my head, I know some of the GR reviews, but don't want to trust any decisions to just my memory.

board icon
Posted: December 26, 2011 (04:46 PM)

Nevermind. I looked again and none of mine are even eligible for the week (aside from the Gameroni ones that I suggested you not count). Tom Chick has one new review, for Assassin's Creed: Revelations, but that's the only review you have any reason to consider from either of us. I'm glad I could make your week a bit easier. ;-)

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.