Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Official RotW Topic 2011

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: July 07, 2011 (01:27 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I think one of the mods needs to change my name to Will the Fail. x_x

It's coming today, I swear.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: July 12, 2011 (02:02 AM)

Hello. RotW is on course. I'll wind it up tomorrow morning sometime.

Also, I'm kind of over it now so I'd like to vacate my spot in the roster after this current one I'm working on. Is there someone else out there who'd like to take a crack at it?

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: July 12, 2011 (02:21 AM)

Can someone also upgrade my Bloody Wolf to a feature? Yeah, I'm a needy sort. -_-

EDIT:
Thank you!

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: July 12, 2011 (04:03 PM)

Jerec: I'll try to find someone to take your place from this week forward. If nothing else, I'll try to do it myself, but if I nor anyone else can do it, I may have reassign the schedule so everyone else has more work. Hopefully that won't happen, though.

In any case, thanks for all your help with this. It's been much appreciated. That goes for everyone who's been keeping this going smoothly for the past however many months.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: July 16, 2011 (11:57 AM)

Ok. I've put myself in for Jerec's remaining weeks, but if anyone wants to take a shot at RotW, let me know and I can fill you in instead, or even expand the schedule further.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: August 10, 2011 (09:58 AM)

WILLIAM!!!

board icon
Posted: August 10, 2011 (04:47 PM)

Uh oh...

board icon
Posted: August 10, 2011 (05:37 PM)

Almost done!

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: August 11, 2011 (01:17 PM)

My profuse apologies to the HG community, but the politics (for lack of a better word) of the Review of the Week competition are beginning to bore me.

At the conclusion of my week in September, I'd like to be removed from the rotation. Though I'm still willing to be a standby in case someone can't make their week.

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: August 11, 2011 (01:32 PM)

Stepping down in the face of my antics?

I already deleted my post--I don't see what all the fuss is about, as you would say.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Posted: August 11, 2011 (02:25 PM)

Your comments were not the sole contributing factor. It's good that you have a healthy opinion of yourself though.

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: August 11, 2011 (02:41 PM)

And he certainly doesn't need feedback from the likes of lesser people like you and me.

board icon
Posted: August 11, 2011 (03:34 PM)

No one cares about your opinion Jerec.

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: August 11, 2011 (04:56 PM)

board icon
Posted: August 11, 2011 (06:06 PM)

Hey, I didn't say that!

Someone's been using their nefarious mind-control powers...

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: August 12, 2011 (08:03 AM)

That picture of Ralph.. I think that's the 1st time in my life I actually laughed when someone used a picture as a response.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: August 12, 2011 (12:11 PM)

It's the first time I've seen it used as a response. It worked for me. I laughed yesterday and am laughing today.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Posted: August 12, 2011 (01:00 PM)

*sigh* You stepping down is going to put me and the future of this contest ion a bind, Will. I already have to try and scrable to get people to fill in for CD since he's had to step down, and with you out, this'll be any harder, especially since everyone with any interest wants to just act as a standby rather than take a permanent role. But if you really want to step down, then very well. But since I doubt I'll find a permanent replacement, I'm going to have to just collapse the schedule to suit four judges instead of five. Whatever you decide, though, I do appreciate the time you've put into this. I hope you know that.

As to the rest who've stuck through this the whole time, sorry that you'll have to do more work as a result. But I really do appreciate your efforts. RotW wouldn't be possible without you.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: August 12, 2011 (02:10 PM)

I'll step into a slot if you'd like, WQ. Put me in the rotation.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: August 12, 2011 (09:51 PM)

Leslie: I'm down for whatever.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Posted: August 13, 2011 (09:43 PM)

You can put me down as a sub. I also wouldn't mind filling in that last week in September.

board icon
Posted: August 15, 2011 (12:13 PM)

Thanks guys. The RotW Planning Committee had an emergency meeting Saturday, and I think we've come to a solution. The new line up will consist of Marc, Jason, OD and bloomer. I will update the schedule accordingly, and add Joe and myself as subs again.

The reason for my exclusion in this primarily has to do with my availability... However, I will take a fifth place again if the new shorter line up is too much work for anyone.

EDIT I've updated the schedule accordingly. If I made any mistakes, let me know.

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: September 15, 2011 (06:23 PM)

I am under doctor's orders not to type or do computer work for at least another three weeks but I wanted to let everyione know I am sorry for not being able to pitch in and help out. I'll be back sometime.

Carpal Tunnel in both wrists is bad. So you all be sure to take breaks and exercise your hands and wrists.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: September 16, 2011 (04:52 AM)

Argh, you too CD?

Well, I'm not Carpally, but I do have RSI chronically these days. It's well managed but I've never been the same.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: September 16, 2011 (09:14 AM)

Sorry to hear that, CD. Glad you have it under control, though. So many people just try to power through it only to make things significantly worse.

For us. For them. For you.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.