Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Official RotW Topic 2011

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: December 30, 2010 (09:29 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

This is the 2011 Review of the Week schedule. The same rules are in effect as last year, and these haven’t changed, though they may be subject to amendment or addition later on.

1: All reviews submitted during a given week are eligible for RotW.

2: An RotW will always take place provided there is at least one review submitted for that week. A writer shouldn't be punished just because no one else submitted for a given week.

3: Neither Zig's nor Masters's nor Felix's reviews will be counted in RotW. You're all very boring.

4: All judges have until Wednesday morning of the following week to post their topics. If they can't meet this deadline, then appropriate notice should be given, preferably a few days in advance if possible.

5: RotW topic makers should post the dates of their respective week in the topic title so as to prevent confusion when someone wants to go back and re-read that topic.

6: Winning reviews will be marked featured the next day and will (most likely) share the focus window for a few days (unless EmP steals the focus window).

The judge panel and schedule will be largely the same as last year with the exception that CD will replace Zipp, if he's still up for it. I do hope to throw my name in the regular rotation at some point, but as long as I’m still in school, I don’t think this will be possible.

The judges:
OD
bloomer
WQ
Jason

Substitutes:
Ben
True
Sportsman
Asherdeus
Joe

If I missed anyone in either list let me know and I'll update accordingly.

Thanks to everyone who’s been keeping this going. I really appreciate it and hope you can all continue to do this in the future.

Schedule

January:
26 – 01 – bloomer
02 – 08 – Will
09 – 15 – Jerec
16 – 22 – CD
23 – 29 – Overdrive

February::
30 – 05 – bloomer
06 – 12 – Will
13 – 19 – Jerec
20 – 26 – CD

March:
27 – 05 – Overdrive
06 - 12 - bloomer
13 – 19 – Will
20 – 26 – Jerec

April:
27 – 02 – CoarseDragon
03 – 09 – Overdrive
10 – 16 – bloomer
17 – 23 – Will
24 – 30 – Jerec

May:
01 – 07 – CoarseDragon
08 – 14 – Overdrive
15 – 21 = bloomer
22 – 28 – Will

June:
29 – 04 – Jerec
05 – 11 – Wolfqueen
12 – 18 – Overdrive
19 – 25 – bloomer

July:
26 – 02 – Will
03 – 09 – Jerec
10 – 16 – CoarseDragon
17 – 23 – Overdrive
24 – 30 – bloomer

August:
31 – 06 – Will
07 – 13 – WQ
14 – 20 – Marc
21 – 27 – Overdrive

September:
28 – 03 – bloomer
04 – 10 – Jason
11 – 17 – Marc
18 – 24 – Overdrive

October:
25 – 01 – bloomer
02 – 08 – Jason
09 – 15 – Marc
16 – 22 – Overdrive
23 – 29 – bloomer

November:
30 – 05 – Marc
06 – 12 – WQ
13 – 19 – Overdrive
20 – 26 – bloomer

December:
27 – 03 – Jason
04 – 10 – WQ
11 – 17 – bloomer
18 – 24 – Overdrive
25 – 31 – Jason

If there are any discrepancies in the schedule, either dealing with incorrect dates or judge ordering, let me know and I’ll fix it as soon as I can.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: January 01, 2011 (08:47 PM)

Re: my first week, Masters already did the 25th, so I'm doing Dec 26 to Jan 1.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: January 04, 2011 (08:33 AM)

Oops. Fixed now. Thanks.

EDIT: Can someone please sticky this and remove the old topic from the eight million stickied ones we have on this forum? Thanks.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: January 05, 2011 (12:40 PM)

Wolfqueen I can not do June: 05 – 11. I will be going to E3 again this year (hurray) June 7-9 and will not have time for RotW. I can switch with anyone else for that month or if someone else can cover that would be alright.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Posted: January 06, 2011 (10:41 AM)

Thanks for letting me know. That's not for a while yet, however, so I can afford to wait to ask people about switching and such until it's closer to the date. And if it comes to it, I'll just take that week instead provided I'm in a position to do so.

board icon
Posted: January 06, 2011 (12:40 PM)

Yeah, it is a long way off but I just found out my E3 reservation has been confirmed so I wanted to make sure I let you know about that.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: January 11, 2011 (03:07 PM)

Hopefully Will's not drunk, because there's a lot of reviews for his week. I hope he gets them all. :D

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: January 12, 2011 (01:50 AM)

Har har.

Apologies for the delay, work project sprung up. Thread will be up by tomorrow afternoon.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: January 12, 2011 (01:30 PM)

Just finalizing now. Stay tuned!

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: January 19, 2011 (09:08 PM)

I prefer not to be in any consideration for RotW placement. Thanks.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Posted: January 19, 2011 (09:49 PM)

Damnit, Felix. Now who's going to bribe me to give favorable placement?

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: True
Posted: January 20, 2011 (12:02 AM)

That would be I, Will. What's it going to take?

If I Offended You, You Needed It.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: January 20, 2011 (08:58 AM)

We can always feed you half a cider shandy and let randomness and chaos reign again.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: January 31, 2011 (05:12 PM)

OD's turn again...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: February 01, 2011 (06:36 AM)

Yeah...it'll be done either today or tomorrow. Was going to do it last night, but my home internet is running slow. Hoping it isn't more Time Warner problems, as they've been a real pain the last couple months. Could be a side effect of the really crappy ice storm we had last night. The thing that really sucked was that my connection was too slow to get on XBox Live, meaning I couldn't play the indie games I DL'd the day before.

So, if computer works good, I'll do it today. If home computer's still slow, I'll do it tomorrow at work...assuming it doesn't storm so bad today that I get snowed in or something.

A minor inconvenience.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Posted: February 01, 2011 (07:47 AM)

Yeah, I understand. Thanks for letting me know.

That snowstorm's apparently supposed to stretch halfway across the country. It'll affect me, too. This is not going to be fun.

board icon
Posted: February 01, 2011 (11:17 AM)

Tell me about it. I had to unearth my car out from under a sheet of ice to go to work today...and from what I hear, tonight's going to be worse.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: February 01, 2011 (11:47 AM)

I'm posting an Eternal Sonata review within a few minutes here, and I would like for it to not be considered for the next ROTW, as it is old and has had very little new added to it.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Posted: March 01, 2011 (11:33 AM)

I would just like to thank everyone again who's been judging these and putting out their resuls in a timely manner. I know your task s often thankless, and I just want you to know how much I appreciate it.

board icon
Posted: March 11, 2011 (11:31 AM)

Well, I just realized it's Friday and OD hadn't got his topic up, which isn't that surprising since I forgot to remind him, I guess, but still.

Unless he gets his up later today, I'm going to have the week of February 27 - March 5 up this evening. I'm not too happy about this, but I also can't really blame OD completely since I forgot to remind him.

board icon
Posted: March 23, 2011 (11:50 AM)

Eek. This was supposed to be Will's week (technically ast week), but he's been busy with EmP's tourney. If he's not able to do this, would there be anyone else willing to do it?

EDIT: I have three posts in a row... Ew.

board icon
Posted: March 23, 2011 (12:45 PM)

Is that March 13 -- 19? There are 9 reviews for that week (excluding Masters). I could put that together by Monday if no one else volunteers. I have read most of those already anyway.

No need to remind me. My week is from March 27th through April 2nd - due on April 6th (AM Pacific time - I'm in California).

board icon
Posted: March 23, 2011 (01:45 PM)

I've read most of this week's submissions anyway in judging the Indie tournament. I wanted to wait until those results are released and weigh those into my RotW, since in my mind the purpose of RotW is to highlight exceptional pieces that wouldn't normally get attention and it'd be silly for the same reviews to win both the tourny and RotW.

But FOR SOME REASON THERE IS STILL A HOLD-UP so I think I'll do a best-guess RotW right now.

EDIT: Or I thought I had, anyway. Looks like them's are all pieces from JUST BEFORE my week began. Which would make sense, because the tournament ended the day before my RotW week.

Guess I'm just a little behind everybody else.

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: April 12, 2011 (11:05 AM)

OD, you only have like 3 reviews for your week.

board icon
Posted: April 12, 2011 (11:52 AM)

I thought it was six!!!

Sorry, been swamped at work the last couple days. I'll have it up this evening or so.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.