Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > RotW for 11/21 -- 27/2010: Short, sweet and interesting

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: November 29, 2010 (12:50 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Although we only had three reviews they were all quite good. Here then are the synopses of the reviews.

Yoshi - Leroux_Deux:

Sorry to say I found this review slightly difficult to read. The first paragraph was difficult understand in one pass. Had it not been for the screen shot inserts I believe I would have been at a loss to try to fully understand the explanation.

I felt the fourth paragraph about game modes should have been divided into two separate paragraphs making each game mode easier to understand.

On the bright side however, this review did get its point across. And pointing out the Game Boy version might be slightly better was a good touch as it lets us know that a handheld version could relieve boredom on longer trips.

------------------------------------------------------------

The Legend of Kage - JoeTheDestroyer:

To quote: “A thesis statement declares what you believe and what you intend to prove. A good thesis statement makes the difference between a thoughtful research project and a simple retelling of facts.”

“Thesis: Legend of Kage is neither horrible, nor exciting, but mediocre.”

This thesis statement fits the review. The parts of the description of the game sounded like it was horrible “It sounded like a continuous string of someone hitting the wrong keys.” no part sounded really exciting “The process started over again”. According to this review the game sounds middle of the road. I would say that this reviewer made good on the claim the thesis promised. Well done.

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale - EmP:

I had considered purchasing this game but was not sure about how it would all work out. But now, thank to this review, we have a clear understanding of the game and the game mechanics. I am at a loss here to point out anything really poorly done in this review. The shop explanation was quite good and the introductions of the supporting characters were introduced with good timing. Yes this is the review of the week.

The Bronze Dragon award goes to Yoshi by Leroux_Deux

The Silver Dragon award goes to The Legend of Kage by JoeTheDestroyer

And...

The Gold Dragon award goes to Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale by EmP

Congratulations to EmP for a very well done review and being this weeks winner.

Thanks to each of you for your entries this week and, even though there were only the three, for making my work here quite difficult.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: November 29, 2010 (02:19 PM)

Many thanks for taking the time to do this (and double thanks for my victorious victory!). Congrats to me, and kudos to Joe and Leroux.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: November 29, 2010 (02:27 PM)

And they say modesty is a lost art...

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: November 29, 2010 (06:31 PM)

Thank you, thank you! And congrats, EmP!

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: November 30, 2010 (01:23 PM)

EmP can get away with it because he's British. And because his avatar is some kind of mold creature. Also, we know we can later get back at him by pointing out his many grammatical errors.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: December 01, 2010 (11:27 AM)

EmP's avatar looks like the Aboleth from Mordor.

board icon
Posted: December 02, 2010 (12:01 AM)

He's told me twice before what it's from, but I always forget about two weeks later. Maybe he'll humour me for a third time. I seem to remember it having something to do with Dragon Quest.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: espiga
Posted: December 02, 2010 (01:27 AM)

It's from Shining in the Darkness.

Your girlfriend's name ends in .jpg

board icon
Posted: December 02, 2010 (11:15 AM)

Oh, of course. It's the Slimy Ooze.

board icon
Posted: December 02, 2010 (12:58 PM)

So how does this work? Does this week count?

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: December 02, 2010 (02:46 PM)

Yup. It all counts now.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: December 02, 2010 (03:05 PM)

It would have counted if there were just one review, as I stated when I revised the RotW rules a few months ago. But regardless of that, having three or more makes things feel more legitimate and fun.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: December 02, 2010 (04:04 PM)

One of these weeks when no one posts a review, I shall valiantly swoop in and steal (valiantly steal) the win. It's going to take some coordination.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.