Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Felix_Arabia's Final Fantasy X review

This thread is in response to an article about on the . You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: June 28, 2008 (08:47 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Reading this review kind of makes me want to put this game on a stage and crucify it. I do not approve -- of the content that is; the delivery of this review was top notch, as usual.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: June 28, 2008 (08:52 PM)

Haha, thanks. It's not too surprising to me anymore that a lot of people dislike this game or prefer its contemporaries. I just know that I loved it back when I first got, and I still love it now.

Now I'm going to hijack my own topic. Have you played Shadow of the Colossus?

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: June 28, 2008 (09:04 PM)

Yes. Like, a bazillion times.

It tells it story better than most story-driven RPGs. RPGs could learn a thing or two from it...

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: June 28, 2008 (09:24 PM)

I totally agree. We're going to review this game, and it's going to be amazing! Everyone else is going to review it, too, even if they haven't played it, provided they give it a 10/10.

board icon
Author: disco1960
Posted: June 28, 2008 (10:15 PM)

I think it's time for me to get a PS2 now!

The price seems to have gone down sufficiently.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: June 28, 2008 (10:32 PM)

Brilliant review. My favourite game, too.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Posted: June 29, 2008 (08:32 AM)

Thanks, Jerec!

Disco, you don't have a PS2??? Man, get one and get FFX, ICO, and Shadow of the Colossus. It'll be money extremely well spent.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: June 29, 2008 (11:53 AM)

Wow. This really was a good review. Long, but nothing was boring, and everything described very well. I did catch one tiny mistake, though.

But it’s dramatic for a video game, and it’s enough to pull us in further should the combat somehow bore or the aesthetics somehow displeases.

Should be "displease", I believe.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: June 29, 2008 (01:02 PM)

I've actually played those, but I was mooching off my old roommate's PS2 at the time.

It was a while ago, though.

board icon
Posted: June 29, 2008 (01:02 PM)

Haha, but now I can't do much when I feel like playing FFX again.

I think I missed like... all the sidequests last time, too.

board icon
Posted: June 29, 2008 (01:52 PM)

Thanks for the kind words and observant eye, WQ.

Disco, that's a rather wise strategy to get a chance to play great games.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.