Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > asherdeus's Fable III review

This thread is in response to a review for Fable III on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: November 18, 2010 (01:48 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

You talk a lot about combat but you say nothing about being the "King" and ruling your kingdom and I thought that was a important part of the game. Or was that just marketing hype?

I liked the review. Especially your explanation of the leveling system.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: asherdeus
Posted: November 18, 2010 (10:19 PM)

I probably should add some more about the King segments - they're pretty anti-climactic. When I discussed how easy the end game was, that was partially a discussion of the king segments, though I didn't explicitly state that. You really only make 6-8 rulings as king, and most of the decisions are straight-forward (drain a lake for a mine and get more money (evil) or lose some cash and preserve it (good)). Since you collect money so easily, really the choice is just to simply keep whatever morality you pursued. Had money been harder to come by, they might have had more weight.

Thanks very much for the read, means a lot to me!

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: November 18, 2010 (11:55 PM)

A lot of people disagree with me, but I think the Fable series is shit, so this review's stance hardly surprises me. Interesting to know it sucks (from your opinion) because it deviates so much. I think you've supported that argument well, even from someone who knows very little about the third game.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.