Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Mr. Do! review

This thread is in response to a review for Mr. Do! on the Atari 2600. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: qxz
Posted: November 17, 2010 (03:27 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

There is something I would like to ask about this review: Is your less-than-impressed opinion of Mr. Do! based solely on the Atari 2600 version, or are you just unimpressed with the game, regardless of the format?

I could probably understand why you're less than impressed with the Atari 2600 version; based on the screenshots, it appears to have been heavily stripped down from the original. I have a copy of the SNES version of Mr. Do! -- which is a far more accurate port than the 2600 version -- and I actually believe that, in some aspects, Mr. Do! is superior to Dig Dug.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
-- Adam Savage

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: November 17, 2010 (04:50 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Mainly the 2600 version, though I haven't played any other version. I'm still open to playing the others (like the SNES version). I also got the impression that this was a heavily stripped down version. I was okay with the interface, but more than anything it was the inconsistent challenge factor.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.