Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Dragon's Curse review

This thread is in response to a review for Dragon's Curse on the TurboGrafx-16. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: November 08, 2010 (08:47 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Haha. Nice review. You've got an amusing sense of humor that makes reading this interesting (the weebles line, among others, is a good example). This definitely sounds like a unique game, though, one that's both challenging and different.

Some things to look out for: Some of your sentences can be condensed or restructured so that they're a bit smoother. For example, the "Unlike most games like this" segment of its respective sentence feels a bit awkward and takes me out of the review a bit. In general, though, I like the general short / choppy nature of the review, which is interesting because that sort of thing often doesn't work. I guess it's because it makes it feel fast-paced and intense, which I imagine a lot of the game can be.

Also, I'm not too sure how I feel about the references to your surroundings. It definitely works, and is quite amusing, in the intro, but later on when you're referring to the time and when you need to leave for work, it kind of pulls me out of the review, or at least out of the sense of the game. I can definitely see why you did it, though - you're trying to show how absorbed you are with the game - but you might be better off just leaving it for the intro and conclusion sections, rather than switching between.

Anyway, I do like what you've done here. You seem to have your own style with your own unique take on things, which is always good. Is this review a new one or are you still revising old gamefaqs ones?

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: November 08, 2010 (11:09 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thank you, Wolfqueen! This was a brand new review, never before seen on GameFAQs. This style is still experimental for me, as I'm used to being quite technical still about review games.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.