Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > sho's Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines review

This thread is in response to a review for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: October 30, 2010 (11:54 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I played as a Malkavian in the tabletop game. I thought I was a Ventrue, and so did everyone else -- for a while. Fun times!

No one ever played as a Nosferatu, for pretty much the reasons that make them sound so cool in this.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 30, 2010 (12:33 PM)

I hate reading reviews for this game because they always make me want to play it and the chances of me actually doing so are slim. I just don't have a PC.

I did play the first Vampire which felt like a beta version of what this game is supposed to be like. I also briefly played a Tremere in the actual game. Unlike Zigfried, I was really a Tremere. Joshua Vesculae. Former vampire hunter turned into vampire. Fun times.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: October 31, 2010 (12:26 PM)

Great review that I pretty much entirely agree with (one of my favorite RPG's ever minus the last 1/5 or so). Tried to play it again not too long ago with a Nosferatu but the game was having problems with Windows 7 and I was too lazy to figure out how to get it to work.

Malkavian is my favorite, though! Some of the dialogue options are insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThyD2ikS9SY

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: November 01, 2010 (07:55 PM)

Re: Zipp, you can get the game on the Mac. But I imagine compatibility problems with any modern Mac will be extreme. It originally ran under OS 8.6. If it wasn't carbonised, the last OS you have even a chance of running it under is 10.4, if you installed Classic Environment. If it was carbonised, it might work natively in 10.5. Chances of a carbonised version working in 10.6 are microscopic. (It would probably play, with the little side effect that the screen will be a solid block of one colour.)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: November 01, 2010 (10:41 PM)

Just make sure the unofficial patches work for Mac (believe they're up to 7.0 but I could be wrong). Without it the game is nearly unplayable due to bugs.

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.