Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > bluberry's Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots review

This thread is in response to a review for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: June 25, 2008 (02:52 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

It's the same trashy b-movie stuff that the series (putting aside Sons of Liberty's brilliant ending) has made a name for itself with, and for what it is, it works.

MGS2 must have a secret ending then that I haven't seen yet. :P

I haven't played MGS4 yet, but this seemed like a really fair review. I quite enjoyed it.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: June 25, 2008 (03:02 PM)

I think Boo just liked how Raiden could hide his entire package every time he did a cartwheel in the nude.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: June 25, 2008 (03:06 PM)

are you kidding, Felix? that was the biggest disappointment of all.

thanks dagoss! good to hear.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Posted: June 25, 2008 (03:37 PM)

I spent like five minutes making him do flips and trying to pause at the right moment to see if that --

... I'm sorry, I must have lost my train of thought.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: June 25, 2008 (03:41 PM)

some people loaded up his character model or something, there's nothing there. blank slate.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Posted: June 25, 2008 (04:13 PM)

I think we knew he had nothing there the moment we first saw him sneaking around in that wet suit.

board icon
Author: darketernal
Posted: June 28, 2008 (11:34 AM)

Good thing Big Boss was never in such a situation since he would probably burst through the screen with his package.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 10, 2008 (02:29 PM)

Yeah, I still think MGS4 was better than MGS2, but !@#$!, it's a close call since I hated them both like rats.

Or rather, I hated MGS2 like rats, and MGS4 made me feel betrayed. Like I'd come home to find my girlfriend in bed with another man.

As opposed to MGS3, where it was like coming home to find my girlfriend in bed with my other girlfriend.

Feel the love.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: July 11, 2008 (10:46 PM)

MGS2 was awesome, it's just that it was terrible.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: July 11, 2008 (11:26 PM)

I think we knew he had nothing there the moment we first saw him sneaking around in that wet suit.

Then how was mr bomb defuse guy able to determine his gender by grabbing his crotch?

No, scratch that. Why the hell did he do that in the first place?!

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Posted: July 12, 2008 (09:58 AM)

Haha, I actually forgot about that part.

board icon
Posted: July 12, 2008 (02:01 PM)

the president, actually.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: jiggs
Posted: July 12, 2008 (10:30 PM)

http://binaryfractal.blogspot.com/2008/06/solid-snake-has-no-penis.html

hah. there's your answer!

!

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: July 13, 2008 (01:35 AM)

the president, actually.

...you're right. Story sequences followed each other up so quickly, I'm starting to mix them up not one month after having played it through.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Posted: July 13, 2008 (10:07 AM)

No, scratch that. Why the hell did he do that in the first place?!

Wasn't it was because he wanted to determine whether or not Raiden was the cyborg ninja, who was Olga (and thus lacking a male member)? There's crotch grabbing in MGS3 too, which seems to be an allusion to this moment in MGS2.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.