Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Leroux_Deux's Double Dragon review

This thread is in response to a review for Double Dragon on the Arcade. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: October 10, 2010 (09:09 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I liked the bottleneck line. There are all these ideas from old games that fed into Double Dragon, and then on the other end that one particular game inspired dozens more. So true!

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 10, 2010 (10:24 PM)

I really can't take your advice (and play Double Dragon only after Final Fight and the like), unfortunately, because the first real brawler that I played was, I believe, Double Dragon for the NES. I also played Renegade around that time, so it's hard to say exactly, but I think Double Dragon was the first. I had quite a bit of fun with it and I've played it since, but never gotten past the point where the two heavies (Abobo or whatever) break free from the rock wall and pummel me.

Great review, by the way!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: October 11, 2010 (05:29 AM)

Double Dragon brings back memories of the PC version. It crashed if you beat the final boss on your own (because that's where it wants to trigger the player characters fighting each other). It wasn't possible to bring in a second player in the final stage, I believe, so I learned to do that at the end of the previous one and then just control them both with the keyboard in the final stage (with one just trailing the other).

From there on I started doing it in Golden Axe as well.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: October 11, 2010 (04:42 PM)

I've been enjoying the weekly reviews. Hope your inspiration and schedule allows you to keep up the output.

_

board icon
Author: Leroux
Posted: October 12, 2010 (04:51 PM)

Thanks for all the feedback.

Double Dragon is probably one of the rare arcade games where I like the console version (NES) a bit more. Will try to keep up the output.

NEXT WEEK: X-MEN!

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: October 14, 2010 (12:09 AM)

Sweet! Looking forward to the X-Men review.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: November 25, 2010 (07:52 PM)

Double Dragon is probably one of the rare arcade games where I like the console version (NES) a bit more.

I think the NES version of Double Dragon II is also better than the arcade original.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.