Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > disco's Space Invaders Extreme review

This thread is in response to a review for Space Invaders Extreme on the DS. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: June 23, 2008 (12:53 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I really liked the first half of the review. That always sounds like a back-handed compliment, and I'm not saying the second half was awful, it simply didn't have the effect the first did. To begin with, you do a great job of describing the game in a fun way and do so seamlessly. But, by the time you get to the second half, it's like you've run low of ideas and know you still have all these things to talk about, so just spit them out. The biggest offender here was the music paragraph which, yes, is important enough to deserve a mention, but not right at the end in a "Oh, by the way" section. It feels like you had a clipboard with a checklist of things you needed to squeeze in when you get to parts like this.

But, yeah, the first half was much better. I enjoyed how you tied in how the Invaders were getting better, which made for an interesting transition on how Extreme updated the franchise. It's a good review, but it simply starts running out of momentum.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: June 24, 2008 (04:20 AM)

Didn't realize until today that this *was* a DS game. Bah, now I'll have to buy yet another one.

Third paragraph:

While of these can be overcome with some effort...

A word ("most", I suspect) escaped from your sentence and is currently living it up on Jamaica. Better recapture it.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: July 03, 2008 (07:12 AM)

This is a great review, I really enjoyed it. Having just played the game, I can say with confidence that the review says pretty much everything I could think to say about the experience, in a lively, engaging way. Kudos.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.