Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Leroux_Deux's Pong review

This thread is in response to a review for Pong on the Arcade. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: October 02, 2010 (07:21 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Loved this review when it first appeared on the site, and still love it now.

Thank Pong!

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: Leroux
Posted: October 02, 2010 (07:40 AM)

A head's up on the Cabaret...

-I have one review ready to go for tomorrow (and a recent announcement over at Twin Galaxies has caused me to scrap a good-sized part of it over the past week). It needs a bit of work still but will be up, even though it lost one of my favorite parts.

-Because of that, and an interesting piece of information I found while researching the second, I'm putting the 'side' review on hold. If I can find more info it will definitely deserve to be the feature.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: October 02, 2010 (08:21 AM)

What happened at Twin Galaxies to affect the review? If it won't be obvious from reading tomorrow, I'd be curious to hear the story, because stuff like that interests me.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: October 02, 2010 (08:25 AM)

Steve Wiebe won the Donkey Kong title back from Billy Mitchell, and the slant was that Mitchell was smeared in the King of Kong documentary (well-documented elsewhere online), and has won the title back twice since (from Wiebe, then Hank Chien this year), and that tied in with the importance of the game, still to this day, especially in the retro gaming circle, and was interesting because Billy Mitchell is a hot sauce slinging, American flag wearing arcade game bad ass.

Steve Wiebe is a nice guy and all it seems, but it loses all the luster with him.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: October 02, 2010 (08:45 AM)

I just read a bit about it... somehow I suspect it's only a matter of time before Billy Mitchell takes the top score again. It's incredible how much competition is still happening with a lot of the classics.

But not with Pong.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: October 02, 2010 (08:54 AM)

After Mitchell passed Chien's score this summer he ended his game deliberately. Why?

"Some say I'm being cocky. Some say I'm being lazy. I say, I'm being Billy Mitchell."

Bad ass. I think you're right.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: October 02, 2010 (10:49 PM)

I either haven't read this review before...or my hazed-out memory doesn't remember it...but this is one kick-ass bit of historical reviewing. If there was a Smithsonian for reviews, this would be there due to the amount of pure history you deliver.

Great work!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: joseph_valencia
Posted: October 10, 2010 (09:58 AM)

Why was this review re-posted? Not that I'm complaining, because it's awesome.

JOSEPH VALENCIA was able to build this sig IN A CAVE…… WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.