Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Winter Voices -- Chapter One: Avalanche review

This thread is in response to a review for Winter Voices -- Chapter One: Avalanche on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: October 01, 2010 (12:46 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Overall not to bad. I felt the review could use another once over. You made some interesting points and I wonder if there was so much text because this is the first chapter.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: October 01, 2010 (03:14 PM)

Urgh -- how did I miss that? Thanks for pointing them out. Those -- and others -- now fixed.

Sadly, I'm under no illusion that it's not wordy because it's the opening chapter, but is so because the developer loves the sound of their own droning hyperbole. Here's hoping Chapter 2 hires an editor.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: October 02, 2010 (02:54 AM)

I will say:

"Dialogue serves only to repeat itself endlessly, patting itself on the back for every overly-loquacious pseudo-intellectual phrase that soon stops flirting with being pretentious and dives in feet first."

This right here ultimately convinced me to not bother with the game. The rest was icing on the cake, and the battle system sounds pretty yawn-inducing. Thank you for preventing me from possibly wasting money and/or hard drive space on this game.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.