Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Halo: Reach review

This thread is in response to a review for Halo: Reach on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: September 30, 2010 (10:48 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I enjoyed reading this review, even though I disagree with the feelings about the game. XD

Question, though: is there any particular reason why you only stuck to talking about the Campaign?

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: September 30, 2010 (11:06 AM)

Thanks!

Mainly because that's the reason I buy Halo games. Yeah, the multiplayer is cool and all, but I but and enjoy the games based mainly on the single player.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: September 30, 2010 (06:04 PM)

There are some striking similarities between this review and my own. I'm certainly not accusing you of making off with my ideas, but it seems like we walked away from the campaign with an almost identical impression.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: September 30, 2010 (06:46 PM)

He's not saying that, but he sure is thinking it loudly.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Posted: September 30, 2010 (08:40 PM)

No, I seriously don't think EmP would do that. I'd say we both simply had the same feelings toward the campaign and decided to tackle them from precisely the same angle. That in and of itself is noteworthy, but I'm chalking it up to coincidence.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: October 01, 2010 (05:12 AM)

I hadn't actually read your review, Suskie. Ironically, because I try not to read up on games I plan to review so I don't get influenced by anything. Now that I have read it, perhaps I should do so earlier in future to try and make sure I don't offer near identical rewrites.

I actually deliberated about the fall back point for a while because, on my first playthrough on normal, I cleared out the area I (we) highlighted, then wandered around for ages, shooting at the banshee. wandering where to go. But it was on co-op and normal. When I started the single player shortly afterwards on Heroic and expected to stroll that part again, I got my arse well and truly kicked. Trying to convey that in the review made me sound arrogant about the first trip, so it got power edited.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: October 01, 2010 (08:41 AM)

I actually like how you elaborated on that scenario more than I did. It left less space to talk about other things, but I don't think that's a problem because you still made the point just as clearly. I enjoyed reading it, even if the whole time I was going, "Wait a minute..."

I might actually write up another review in the near future that talks about the multiplayer in more depth now that I've taken the game online. Then again, maybe I won't.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.