Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence review

This thread is in response to a review for Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: June 23, 2008 (12:48 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

good review, I just picked up the Essential Collection (I don't have MGS1, Substance, or Subsistence) and the camera makes a HUGE improvement. really dumb how this version only has the first disc though, I kind of want to play MG1 and MG2.

as if I don't have enough to play already.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: espiga
Posted: June 23, 2008 (01:31 AM)

Maybe they're not essential enough.

Your girlfriend's name ends in .jpg

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: June 23, 2008 (01:38 AM)

why's MGS1 in there, then?

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: espiga
Posted: June 23, 2008 (11:36 AM)

Because fanboy-worship = money.Why else would there be no less than 30 titles with the name Final Fantasy VII?

Your girlfriend's name ends in .jpg

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: June 23, 2008 (12:39 PM)

You didn't get the ports of the MSX MG and MG2 in that edition? That sucks. MG is just the NES MG with a few changes, but MG2 is the shiznit!

For me personally, MG2 was my favorite part of the MGS3: Subsistence package. It was this perfect combination of the stealth elements and action elements WITHOUT six hours of pure movie cinematics interrupting everything you do. Obviously, you don't have crazy epic battles like against The End or any of a number of cool assorted things like you'd get in a MGS game, but just having the preliminary versions of the stealth-based combat without random douches yammering for 20 minutes straight about their lives constantly was awesome.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.