Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > True's Sports Champions review

This thread is in response to a review for Sports Champions on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: September 24, 2010 (12:35 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

You are correct in this being a really good game(s). Really cool thing is if you have two Move devices you can use both for Archery.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: September 26, 2010 (08:37 AM)

As extension to my Rotw talk - this review has some loose writing.

1. There are a lot of floaty prepositions!

EG - 'By picking games that have never been showcased, Sports Champions can keep it casual and entertaining. They don’t have to try and re-create the sport or try to add a new element to keep it fresh. It’s like that on its own.'

Ok so, 'SC can keep it casual.'

'They don't have to try and...' (who are they? the Sports Champions themselves?)

... to keep it fresh. (keep what fresh? They? Themselves? The Sports Champions? You see how the subject of this sentence keeps getting watered down more and more as it continues?)

'It's like that on its own' (Arrrrgh!)

2. There's some unnecessary qualification of stuff:

EG - 'There’s relatively no story mode'

I'm guessing there is no story mode, period?

or, Table Tennis is virtually an intense, power swinging match of ping-pong

... which doesn't need 'virtually'.

etc.

So I think this needs proofreading.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: September 27, 2010 (12:31 PM)

1. There are a lot of floaty prepositions!

EG - 'By picking games that have never been showcased, Sports Champions can keep it casual and entertaining. They don’t have to try and re-create the sport or try to add a new element to keep it fresh. It’s like that on its own.'

Ok so, 'SC can keep it casual.'

'They don't have to try and...' (who are they? the Sports Champions themselves?)

... to keep it fresh. (keep what fresh? They? Themselves? The Sports Champions? You see how the subject of this sentence keeps getting watered down more and more as it continues?)

'It's like that on its own' (Arrrrgh!)

Would you think something like this would be better bloomer?

By picking games that have not been showcased before Sony Computer Entertainment America has been able to keep Sports Champions casual and entertaining. Sony does not even need to try to re-create the sports by adding any new elements to keep them fresh, they would be fresh on their own.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: September 29, 2010 (08:42 AM)

I would definitely think that was better than all of those 'its' and 'it's', CD.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: September 29, 2010 (10:04 AM)

Although, that first rewritten sentence would need a comma...

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.