Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > dragoon_of_infinity's Spellforce Universe review

This thread is in response to a review for Spellforce Universe on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: drella
Posted: June 21, 2008 (02:47 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Oof. Write a new introduction. It goes from choppy non-sentences at the beginning to a meandering run-on at the end, includes a hack line ("so much content it should be delivered on a forklift"), tells the reader something is obvious when it probably isn't (I didn't find anything obvious two lines in before I even know the concept of the game) and never have I heard the word "realm" used to describe an amount of time.

You're better than this.

EDIT: Upon reading further, this entire review is incredibly sloppy and rambling. It wasn't proofread at all. And if I just came here and read this, I would walk away with a really poor reflection of the site. "These guys don't care."

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: dragoon_of_infinity
Posted: June 22, 2008 (11:20 AM)

I'm the first one to admit that this review isn't my best work. I spent so long just sitting around and staring at it, not knowing what to do with it that I don't even know how to describe it.

Compilations are difficult, it turns out. I had absolutely no idea how to write a review about five games at once, so this ended up coming out like my first review all over again: An awkward draft written by someone learning what they're doing again.

I'm in the middle of doing some rewriting. I really don't have an excuse for the lack of proofing, other than the fact that I became frustrated as I couldn't make the review itself work, and by the time I was 'done' I just wanted to be rid of it.

Anyway, I'll submit some changes soon, and maybe we can make this better.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: drella
Posted: June 22, 2008 (11:30 AM)

Tackling five games at once isn't easy. In this respect, I think you did a good job even, especially at keeping it succinct. It's just the lack of proofreading that reflected poorly. Not everything is going to be flawless, but there were a few too many careless mistakes here.

Maybe check out Masters' SNK Arcade Classics he just submitted. That was a tight compilation review.

board icon
Author: dragoon_of_infinity
Posted: June 22, 2008 (11:47 AM)

Thanks for the feedback and the suggestions. Sometimes the only to get better is to have it smacked into you, and I think I can improve on this. Especially with some studying.

Honestly, I'm a little glad that someone said something. A bunch of pats on the back would have felt out of place in this case.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: June 22, 2008 (12:25 PM)

Thanks for the positive feedback Leroux. Ha, a nice surprise to find in someone else's feedback thread. ^_^

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.