Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Official RotW Topic 2010 (Revised)

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: October 13, 2010 (03:09 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Yeah. That's fine. Thanks for getting it done so quickly after starting it.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 13, 2010 (03:16 PM)

Zig 2 only emerges if Zig 1 is doused with cold water.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: October 13, 2010 (04:39 PM)

Technically I started it a while back, since quite a few were last minute submissions for MOTO. :P

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: October 13, 2010 (06:38 PM)

I now have this image of Zigfried or one of his avatars as a Magic Capsule Toy Instant Foam Animal.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: October 13, 2010 (09:32 PM)

I thought that only happened when someone made him angry...

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Posted: October 18, 2010 (11:34 AM)

*pokes OD with a stick* Don't forget! =P

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 21, 2010 (11:18 AM)

Okay, this is my last week coming up. I'm all over it. How does it happen, though, that every time I finish a review, it somehow falls on my ROTW week?

Thankfully, in this case, I have the choice of holding off. Thus, my Blue Lacuna review shall be posted on the 28th. I'll put it up on the production room today or tomorrow for Zig and EmP to look over, though. Might as well make it a staff review.

EDIT: Dammit. Looked at Novemeber again. Why do I keep doing that? Review will be posted on the 24th.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: October 25, 2010 (08:39 AM)

Alright. Since Zipp is no longer with us, I'm asking now if anyone wants to replace him. If not, I might have to condense the schedule again, or I might just take a risk and do it myself, though I worry that real life might get in the way of this.

I'll give everyone interested about a week to declare their interest in replacing Zipp before I condense the schedule into a four-man rotation.

On a different note, why hasn't Leroux's Donkey Kong review been added to the featured list? (This was during the week of Oct. 3 - 9) I know Leroux didn't want any of his "best of" reviews counted during that one week (though he really said something too late for that...), but I didn't think it applied to anything new. If, however, Leroux doesn't want any of his reviews to count for RotW, I ask that he officially declare this so in here so that it may be seen by all and officially added to the "list of discounts", of which only Zig is part at the moment.

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: October 25, 2010 (12:33 PM)

Alright. Since Zipp is no longer with us, I'm asking now if anyone wants to replace him.

Can't you have one of the subs replce him for now. I am sure you will be re-working the schedule for next year so you only need to cover one week.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Posted: October 25, 2010 (01:46 PM)

I could, but I'd like to have it sorted out as soon as possible.

Though, if one of the subs wants to take Zipp's week in November, then go for it. Maybe it would be better to wait until December or something, anyway, since people's schedules change and such and so it might be more accurate to confirm a more permanent replacement closer to next year.

board icon
Posted: October 31, 2010 (09:28 AM)

Ok... I've left Zipp's November spot open for whoever wants it... If no one does closer to the time, I might just do it myself...

I think it's bloomer's week now (technically ended yeserday)... followed by Will.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: October 31, 2010 (09:51 AM)

Since this topic is already at the top of the front page, and since Wolfqueen brought it up in a previous post about Leroux's review, can someone Feature my Contra: Hard Corps review? I just noticed now it hasn't been featured yet.

Puuueeeeeeeezzzz? :D

Edit: Thank you.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Posted: November 01, 2010 (06:07 AM)

I just remembered that bloomer said he'd be out due to computer/internet issues or something for a period in October around the time of his scheduled week. I don't know if this is still the case, but in case it is, do any of the substitutes (or anybody really...) want to take his week? (October 24-30).

board icon
Posted: November 01, 2010 (08:24 AM)

No, I'm not sure yet. I'm going to give him until Wednesday, when the normal deadline passes. If he hasn't posted his RotW by then, or at least said something regarding it in here, then I'll let you do it.

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: November 01, 2010 (06:49 PM)

Who ever suggested I was unavailable? If they did, they're wrong. I don't think I should have to come into this topic just to say, 'I'm working on the topic' (which I am) when I'm scheduled to do it. That's what the schedule is for.

If you don't know what I'm like with these things, I've never missed a reviewing deadline of any kind in my whole reviewing life. If I'm having trouble with a topic, I'll tell you in advance - bar car accidents.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: November 01, 2010 (07:48 PM)

Sorry, bloomer. I thought I remember you saying something a while ago about not being around for a bit in October due to something that was going to come up. In any case, as my memory was shaky on this, and I figured you'd be around to see any errors of judgment, you'd be able to correct me, which is why I didn't take any direct action yet. I also knew you'd make the deadline, so that's why I was going to leave any final decisions to Wednesday.

Anyway, sorry for the mistake. I could've sworn you'd said something like that... though the time period may have been in reference to a week or two before now. In any case, this won't happen again. Thanks for clarifying.

board icon
Posted: November 11, 2010 (11:44 AM)

If you have no one to cover November 21-27 I can help out.

board icon
Posted: November 11, 2010 (02:43 PM)

CD: Either you or Ben (or anyone else who wants it) can take over Zipp's former week. I guess whoever wants it the most can have it. Fight each other or something. Haha.

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: November 11, 2010 (04:41 PM)

> Anyway, sorry for the mistake. I could've sworn you'd said something like
> that... though the time period may have been in reference to a week or two
> before now. In any case, this won't happen again. Thanks for clarifying.

No worries. I did have a holiday, but you already took it into account and scheduled my first ROTW slot to happen after I got back :)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: November 11, 2010 (10:46 PM)

Oh, I'm up next!

board icon
Posted: November 12, 2010 (12:26 PM)

CD, you can take November 21-27 if you want, since I'm going to be judging the Darkness Contest in a few days.

Ok, so if there are no others I'll do November 21-27.

board icon
Posted: November 12, 2010 (01:52 PM)

I'll put you in the schedule, CD. If anyone else wanted it, then I guess they should've said something sooner.

board icon
Posted: November 15, 2010 (12:50 AM)

I've read all the reviews for this week and have settled on a top 5 for now. I can't really find the critical analysis part of my brain at the moment, since I'm preoccupied with a job interview coming up soon. I'll see if I can do this tomorrow night, but more likely the night after that once the interview is behind me and my mind can relax.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: November 16, 2010 (10:53 AM)

I've edited WQ's original post, point number 3.

Thanks!

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Posted: November 23, 2010 (03:04 PM)

OD, I hope you didn't forget! =P You've got a lot of reviews, though, so that makes sense.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.