Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Official RotW Topic 2010 (Revised)

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: September 06, 2010 (05:59 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I've decided to make a new topic because the old one's too cluttered and, quite frankly, has gotten a bit too complicated. I'm posting it so early in the morning as opposed to waiting until a little later to as to prevent any further delays and confusion. I think I strayed a little too far over the line of 'waiting too long' with this anyway. That said, should Schultz show up and explain himself, I'll try to fit him into the schedule, as adding a fifth man has become an option that I'd wish I'd realized sooner.

Before I post the new line-up, some general notes and things to keep in mind:

1: All reviews submitted during a given week are eligible for RotW.

2: An RotW will always take place provided there is at least one review submitted for that week. A writer shouldn't be punished just because no one else submitted for a given week.

3: Neither Zig's nor Masters's reviews will be counted in RotW

4: All judges have until Wednesday morning of the following week to post their topics. If they can't meet this deadline, then appropriate notice should be given, preferably a few days in advance if possible.

5: RotW topic makers should post the dates of their respective week in the topic title so as to prevent confusion when someone wants to go back and re-read that topic.

6: Winning reviews will be marked featured the next day and will (most likely) share the focus window for a few days (unless EmP steals the focus window).

That should cover the basics. Anything I missed will be added accordingly.

The judges:
OD
bloomer (replacing Rand)
Will (replacing Schultz)
Jerec

Substitutes:
Ben
CD
True
WQ

If I missed anyone in either list, let me know and I'll update accordingly.

Thanks for all the interest everyone showed here. I really appreciate it. And I'm sorry things got so confusing near the end there.

Schedule

September

Aug. 29 - Sept. 04 - Jerec
05 - 11 - Overdrive
12 - 19 - Zipp
20 - 25 - bloomer

October

Sept. 26 - Oct. 02 - Will
03 - 09 - Jerec
10 - 16 - Overdrive
17 - 23 - Zipp
24 - 30 - bloomer

November

Oct. 31 - Nov. 06 - Will
07 - 13 - Jerec
14 - 20 - Overdrive
21 - 27 - CoarseDragon

December

Nov. 28 - 04 - bloomer
05 - 11 - Will
12 - 18 - Jerec
19 - 25 - Overdrive
26 - 01 - bloomer

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: September 06, 2010 (01:30 PM)

Aww, I didn't get the job.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Posted: September 06, 2010 (01:46 PM)

I thought you didn't want it anymore! lol I don't have a problem modifying the schedule accordingly if you want, though.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: September 06, 2010 (03:45 PM)

I think Zig just made my RotW topic invalid. Only 5 reviews, 1 zig, 2 emp...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: September 06, 2010 (03:50 PM)

Ignore Zig

Do what you can

Give EmP the win!

I should have made an alt account to say that, really....

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: September 06, 2010 (03:57 PM)

Don't worry about it Jerec. Even without Zig, there's still three reviews submitted for that week that can be put in order, so go ahead and do it. I'm actually making that another point in the "general notes" thing in the first post.

EDIT: The "new" rule is now point #2.

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: September 06, 2010 (06:30 PM)

If Jerec wants in, please add him, as it reduces everyone's workload! The dreams of more than 4 people being on the permanent roster are close to being realised.

I also have a question. Are the dates on the roster 'Your week starts here' dates or 'Your week ends here' dates?

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: September 06, 2010 (06:37 PM)

Jerec really needs to just come out and say 'yes, I want the job again" because I really can't tell with all this dancing around.

And the dates are "your week ends here" dates. I actually meant to add the start dates in, too, so it was clearer but I hadn't gotten around to it yet.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: September 06, 2010 (06:41 PM)

Jerec wants in. I say it, therefore it is so.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: September 06, 2010 (06:45 PM)

Very well. Schedules will be amended accordingly. Please be happy...

board icon
Posted: September 07, 2010 (01:03 AM)

Zig wants his reviews in. I say it, therefore it is so.

Seriously, though, glad to see I'm on the schedule. Please no more confusion!

This message was deleted at the request of wolfqueen001, the person who originally posted it.

This message was deleted at the request of wolfqueen001, the person who originally posted it.

board icon
Posted: September 25, 2010 (10:57 AM)

Wow. If we don't get any new reviews today, bloomer's going to have an easy time of things. True will be winner by default, lol.

On that note, I've amended the schedule to reflect the change due to Zipp's mistake. I've also added a new note about including the dates of your RotW in the topic title. For almost everyone, this isn't an issue, but recent events have made the note necessary. (It's note #5 now).

board icon
Posted: September 25, 2010 (03:52 PM)

EmP has stepped up to challenge True.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: September 25, 2010 (06:37 PM)

Note, too, that October will be my last ROTW. Someone will have to do my November date. Sorry!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: October 04, 2010 (02:27 PM)

omg hai guise

I've got my week's subs queued up for when I get back from tutoring. Hoping to have a topic up tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: October 12, 2010 (02:46 PM)

Jerec: The deadline for your week is almost up. How are you doing?

On that note, I'd also like to add that I would appreciate it if whoever's judging during a given week post somewhere in this topic that they know it's their turn and that they're on it because otherwise I tend to assume they forgot and so get kind of antsy. >_>

Zipp: Your resignation at the end of the month will be accounted for in some way or another. If no one can or wants to take your place, the schedule will just have to be condensed again.

board icon
Posted: October 12, 2010 (03:55 PM)

Didn't Jerec judge MOTO? Ouch.

//Zig

board icon
Posted: October 12, 2010 (03:59 PM)

He did. And I'll cut him some slack for that. I just wasn't sure if he forgot.

board icon
Posted: October 12, 2010 (07:30 PM)

ah, sorry. I'll get to it soon. Moto judging took it out of me, and some other distractions in real life.

board icon
Posted: October 13, 2010 (12:05 AM)

Important question, Zig. I know you don't want to man up and enter RotW, but could you check with Zig2 to see if he wants to? Either way it doesn't matter since I already read the review anyway.

board icon
Posted: October 13, 2010 (10:39 AM)

I couldn't get ahold of Zigfried2, so do whatever you want.

//Zig

board icon
Posted: October 13, 2010 (01:31 PM)

Do you need to feel threatened or scared for your other personality to emerge or something?

board icon
Posted: October 13, 2010 (02:00 PM)

WQ, I've finished this RotW but do you mind if I don't post it until after the MOTO results are up? Simply due to spoilers.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.