Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > TroyGoodfellow's StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty review

This thread is in response to a review for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: August 08, 2010 (08:00 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I'm curious why this review doesn't discuss online play. For other games singleplayer is the main attraction, but for SC2 Battle.net matches are significantly different from the solo campaign that I'm surprised this review doesn't talk about them. You're effectively ignoring half the game.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: bionicboy
Posted: August 09, 2010 (02:18 PM)

You should be glad he didn't get into that, since the online play is HORRID, battlenet is crap, lack of lan, no dedicated servers, blizzard really screwed us with this crap, the game is an 8, and I'm glad there was an honest review for once, but I keep asking myself, if this game was not called starcraft, and was made not by blizzard, would it even be an 8? No.....I can't stand living in this world today. Same goes with music. Over-rated crap. And the loyal customers get screwed for piracy? Please, blizz has lost under 500,000 dollars in piracy, but have made over 100,000,000 already with their first installment. I have lost a lot of respect for blizzard, I feel they're letting kotnik tick whatever his damn name is, control them. For $60, I should not have to pay friggin $60 a month to play this simplistic game. That's what my internet cost. I hope this battlenet emu comes out soon, so I can atleast enjoy some laughs with my buddies once in awhile when we have our lan parties, until then, I hate blizzard right now...lol

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: August 09, 2010 (03:23 PM)

A little high-strung, are we?

Anyway since most of your post is about how the lack of LAN makes Blizzard the antichrist I'll respond to the first bit: The new Battle.net interface is anything but horrid. The new matchmaking system expertly dodges the old problem of trying to join from a list of matches that were all timed-out or full by the time you clicked Join. And multiplayer unit balance is different enough from the campaign that its effect on gameplay deserves note.

Both these points merit discussion in this review. That they are not means the review is incomplete. Though, as EmP would probably point out, I might not have cause to fault a review for being incomplete and early, rather than extensive and late.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.