Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > bluberry's Star Wars: Dark Forces review

This thread is in response to an article about on the . You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: August 02, 2010 (06:07 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

..ow. I've just grinned so much my head hurts.

.."despite spending as much time in development as a".. I guess that could be read completely wrong. I mean, I'd write something like "as a jewish one-armed bandit". ..no, seriously.. "..time in development hell as a black man wearing a hemp-sack". *shrug*?

And curse you for reminding me of the sewer levels. But I agree with the telephone-kiosks.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: August 03, 2010 (02:26 AM)

This was a pretty crappy review. It's actually one of the best reviews I've read from him, too.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: August 03, 2010 (05:19 AM)

..well.. honestly, bluberry does something unique: pulling in every possible kind of nerd-reference, without letting the review rest on understanding them specifically.

So.. eh.. it's the opposite of your usual IGN review - they sound like they are common and understandable for everyone, but they're so inundated with console-terminology and mysterious descriptions, that it's difficult to read it if you're not in the right target group.

I mean.. that's what he did with the other..psx Doom-review as well. Very good review that was. Even if I would have liked to see slightly more mood-descriptions, because he was so close to really writing that.. nerd-review that was actually very readable for anyone.. Really - how that came about, I've no idea :D But I like it a lot.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: August 03, 2010 (10:46 AM)

This was a pretty crappy review. It's actually one of the best reviews I've read from him, too.

ouch

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: August 03, 2010 (01:52 PM)

You're not the only one who can troll, boo. :D

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: August 06, 2010 (04:38 PM)

"despite spending as much time in development as a..."

Wow, really? How does this get posted?

And it's grin-worthy, no less -- awesome.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.