Google+   Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | DS | PS3 | PS4 | PSP | VITA | WII | WIIU | X360 | XB1 | All

foe_en_s4_b22.jpg

Forums > Submission Feedback > Ben's Alpha Protocol review

This thread is in response to a review for Alpha Protocol on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: July 21, 2010 (10:34 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Yikes, you have all of the achievements? I might be bugging you then, because I'm trying to do the same and I get the feeling a couple of them are really going to piss me off (I have yet to earn either of Marburg's achievements, and I'm willing to bet that the intel one will really get under by skin).

Anyway, I'm really glad you liked this game, because didn't you buy it based off of my recommendation or something? I still stand by my original review, but on my third playthrough, I went Veteran on Hard, with specialization in stealth and pistols, and I had a hell of a time with it. The game really has a lot going for it if you give it the opportunity.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: Ben
Posted: July 22, 2010 (03:42 AM)

Edit - I should note for the benefit of those who've yet to play Alpha Protocol that posts in this feedback topic (below this warning) may contain spoilers.

---

Yeah, your review definitely had a massive say in making me buy the game. You convinced me that I'd like it, and you were spot on, so thanks for the recommendation!

As for the achievements, the intel one wasn't as bad as I originally feared. The perk that I got from receiving the achievement said that I had "purchased the vast majority of intel" or something along those lines. It seems like it's more based on buying pretty much every bit of intel from the Clearinghouse (including sniper drops, mission maps, etc.) rather than collecting dossier parts. It helps to be on good terms with most people, as sometimes bonus intel can be bought if someone likes you.

The Marburg achievements in Rome were a bit odd. Obviously, use professional or suave depending on if you want him to like or hate you, but to kill him, I think getting his full dossier may have been a contributing factor (the one that I missed on my first playthrough was in his villa -- a mission intel showed a secret room in the garden). For what it's worth, both only seemed to unlock when I defused the bombs (I tried rescuing both times first and it didn't work).

If you haven't got it yet, the most annoying achievement was the Executioner one. It sounds simple, but I initially missed two 'executions' and had to revert to a previous game file and redo all of Moscow and the endgame. (Tip: At Brayko's mansion, make sure to execute your ally yourself rather than leave him/her in the hands of Brayko.)

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: July 22, 2010 (12:10 PM)

It seems like it's more based on buying pretty much every bit of intel from the Clearinghouse (including sniper drops, mission maps, etc.) rather than collecting dossier parts.

Wow, I'm glad I consulted you because I never would have thought of that.

I'm up to around 910 in points so far with most of the grindy achievements out of the way (like getting multipliers with those stupid SMGs), but yeah, I'm working on Judge, Jury, Executioner right now. Too bad there isn't an achievement guide that I can locate anywhere on the web.

Edit: Tell me if this list of people-to-kill looks right to you:

Nasri
Shaheed
Sis
SIE/Albatross
Brayko
Ice cream guy
Marburg
Omen Dang
Leland
Westridge

I'm wondering... do I have to kill both Leland and Westridge?

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: Ben
Posted: July 22, 2010 (12:44 PM)

As far as I know, your list is missing Surkov and Scarlet. I'm not 100% sure if Marburg counts towards the achievement, because you don't execute him but instead kill him in a firefight. Same with Parker. Better to be safe than sorry, I guess.

Scarlet was the last execution that I missed, but I did find out somewhere that she could be killed at the end along with Leland. I replayed the final mission three times before I figured it all out and finally got the achievement. I'm not sure if reputation comes into play, but I did these things:

1) Didn't meet with Scarlet before the final mission
2) Chose Heck as my handler
3) Skipped the interrogation room
4) Initially spared Leland

Scarlet will pop up, as will Heck. Get Heck to take out Scarlet, then execute Leland yourself. Also, when I got the achievement, I didn't kill or encounter Westridge.

Info | Help | Privacy Policy | Contact | Advertise | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998-2014 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Alpha Protocol is a registered trademark of its copyright holder. This site makes no claim to Alpha Protocol, its characters, screenshots, artwork, music, or any intellectual property contained within. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors.