Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > genj's Jet Grind Radio review

This thread is in response to a review for Jet Grind Radio on the Dreamcast. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: jiggs
Posted: July 16, 2010 (10:24 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

woah, funny this is being mentioned. i didn't even think about Jet Grind Radio until i remembered how awesome "Let Mom Sleep" was, then i spent the morning listening to some Jet Grind Radio tunes. going to read Genj's review now and the soundtrack is still great.

also the timing couldn't be more coincidental with your comment on Wolfqueen's Ys review while i'm in the midst of anticipating Ys Seven and raving about the music in the trailer on my facebook with the quote "the music always rocks in an Ys game"

!

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: July 17, 2010 (07:32 AM)

Awesome review. I had no idea what this game was like, and it definitely sounds unique. Shame it's (currently) only on the Dreamcast (I imagine the BGA version is worse). It certainly sounds like a game I'd be interested in playing. I've got to say, though; sending tanks and helicopters just to stop a bunch of kids who aren't even violent is just a little ridiculous, haha, even if that's the whole point.

A few minor errors to point out, though; I hope you don't mind.

Although playing as these characters is fun, I wish controller the camera was more so.

controlling

police officer flail their arms

officers

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: July 17, 2010 (08:05 AM)

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. Thanks wolfqueen for pointing out those typos.

If there's a complaint from me, it's that it takes a while to get to the good parts.

I thought so too, but I felt I needed to lay some groundwork first for an unusual game such as this.

_

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: July 19, 2010 (12:09 PM)

I really like this review too. It appears quite polished except for a few oopses:

down the on eBay -> on eBay
a synch should be a cinch
"and he's tough on" probably needs a comma
Oh, you start 2 sentences in a row with "Levels," which clangs a bit

That's it, though.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: July 19, 2010 (12:18 PM)

Fixed. I hate proofing.

_

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: July 20, 2010 (12:36 PM)

You mention speed and health as stats in your review. Can these be increased by completing different tags? Are there any other stats or skills?

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Posted: July 20, 2010 (12:41 PM)

Each character has permanent, unchanging stats. I didn't want to go in depth in the review for it because it's a bit complex and not very important in the grand scheme of things, and it's something you'll pick up when you play the game. There's:

Power = Health
Technique = Speed, Jump
Graffiti = How difficult their button prompts are

The last one is very odd. Using a character with high graffiti will make the game slightly harder, but you'll earn more points for your score. The thing is score isn't important at all for beating the game, so it's more of an extra thing you may want for replay. As a result, I felt it wasn't important enough to warrant the extended explanation it would require.

_

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.