Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > True's Pocket Racers review

This thread is in response to a review for Pocket Racers on the PSP. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: July 16, 2010 (11:38 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I played this game and reviewed it for Hardcore Gamer Magazine. Your thoughts and score pretty much mirror my own, except I think I might have hated the controls even more than you did. Too floaty, and the courses that you make sound so awful really are that awful. This was a great review that does the game's horrific side proper justice. To anyone who reads this and thinks "Wow, it can't really be that bad," let me assure you... it's really that bad. I think Zig still secretly hates me for having him review this and that's why he passed the love (*snerk*) onto you. Pocket Racers sullies the life of all who it touches.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: True
Posted: July 16, 2010 (11:49 AM)

Thanks for the feedback, Jason. I appreciate it. I, too, thought that it "wasn't that bad" and when I made that challenge and allowed Zig to choose the game and he said Pocket Racers, then he immediately starting apologizing, I thought he was just joking around.

Five minutes into the game I realized why, hence the "I hate you" line. I will, no doubt, pass this on to another. It could be a fun little game we have here.

Where's Wolfqueen...

If I Offended You, You Needed It.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: July 16, 2010 (01:31 PM)

Honestly, it would probably be rather fun to see that happen. There would be some bravery required on the part of people who got involved, and I imagine that it would be increasingly difficult to round up a new victim with each review posted, but I'd still be interested in seeing if the idea could go anywhere... and if maybe it would be worth doing for other titles (not all of them bad ones), as well.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: True
Posted: July 16, 2010 (02:03 PM)

It really would be, kind of like Infection for the PSP. Only I wouldn't know how to begin such a thing, aside from making the request to the person, but they may want some sort of incentive.

If I Offended You, You Needed It.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.