Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Ben's Review of the Week: June 27th to July 3rd

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 12, 2010 (04:08 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Good news for you, Ben! Starcraft will run on ANYTHING. Seriously. I first played the game on an old PC back in 1998. I recently installed it on an even older PC (1995) and, to my great surprise, it worked. I'm now running it on a 7 year old MAC.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: July 12, 2010 (04:42 PM)

Thanks for undertaking this massive ROTW, Ben. Congrats to all who were mentioned.

_

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: July 12, 2010 (05:04 PM)

Wow. Guess I'm next. Nice work. It's interesting to hear a sort of 4th judge's take on some TT reviews.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: July 12, 2010 (06:33 PM)

You had a huge workload this week, Ben, so thanks a lot for stepping up and for giving me the win! I'm pretty flattered to have won during such a competitive week. As you said, we had an unexpectedly large influx of reviews and there were no weak entries among them. I kind of wrote that review as per True's request, but I sort of had this attitude like, "There is no way I'm not submitting anything this week!"

Congrats to everyone else who subbed. Again, really exceptional turnout.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 12, 2010 (06:59 PM)

Hey Suskie, I noticed your win from me isn't featured. Was it decided it wasn't a valid week?

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: July 12, 2010 (08:12 PM)

you must have liked The Chasm.

'grats Suskie.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: July 12, 2010 (08:49 PM)

Are you talking about Alpha Protocol, Zipp? It's featured -- it just doesn't show up in the sidebar because it was a freelance review. Click on the plus sign next to Feature User Reviews and you'll see it.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: July 13, 2010 (12:57 AM)

One the one hand, I'm incredibly pleased I managed second place out of ALL THOSE REVIEWS, but on the other... Pretty much the best review I ever wrote and will never come close to topping... still couldn't beat Suskie?

Thanks for undertaking that massive task. There were a lot of good reviews that week, I remember reading a bunch. Has Honestgamers ever had a stronger week for content?

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: July 13, 2010 (11:19 AM)

Yeah, thanks a lot for doing this, Ben. It was a huge undertaking and I'm not sure many would have so willingly and enthusiastically done so. You did a great job here and desserve every bit of praise and credit for it.

As for the actual picks, I'm quite happy with third, especially considering just how many reviews were posted that week. Makes me feel that I'm justified in feeling good about that review and that whatever happened in TT with it can suck it. (no offense to anyone involved reading this). I really don't know why I let that stuff work me up so much sometimes, but there you go. In some ways, though, maybe it's a good thing because I'm actually starting to have confidence in myself (though having that automatically means I have to be wary of getting arrogant.., which may have also shown itself already.)

Congrats to Suskie, Jerec and everyone else who contributed this week.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.