Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Madworld review

This thread is in response to a review for MadWorld on the Wii. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 11, 2010 (10:05 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

That's an interesting thing to be annoyed at, though I agree whole heartedly with your sentiment. I hate having to unlock harder difficulties. It doesn't make any damn sense.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: July 11, 2010 (02:34 PM)

I do find it really annoying, because sometimes I would play games on a harder difficulty setting when playing them for the first time.

Thanks for reading the review, too.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: July 11, 2010 (04:01 PM)

Yeah, odd thing to complain about. I can't say I agree with you (MadWorld's hard difficulty is absolute hell and there is no way I'd want to tackle that first), but that's why they invented vanilla and chocolate ice cream, as they say.

I like this paragraph:

My opinion on all this? Honestly, I think it's cute. MadWorld is so over-the-top with its depiction of ultra violence, that I can't take any of it seriously. It really feels more like a lighthearted, feel good game, thanks to how absurd everything comes off being. What really helps cement this fact is how, except for one, faceless man, not one innocent person gets killed on-screen. All that's presented are a bunch of macho idiots that deserve to die horrific deaths.

Yeah, I'm amazed that so many people accuse MadWorld of "trying too hard" or whatever, because there is no way this game is taking itself seriously. I thought it was pretty brilliant that the game served as kind of a satire of the modern gaming industry while still giving you that same "rush" that a lot of big, macho action games try to lay on you. That was my reaction, anyway.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: July 11, 2010 (08:17 PM)

Yeah, what I enjoyed the most from Platinum Games' MadWorld and Bayonetta is that they're just fun games that don't take themselves too seriously. Though, their upcoming game, Vanquish, seems a bit serious. Hopefully it'll still be a fun game too.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 11, 2010 (11:24 PM)

I happen to be one of those guys who likes an insane challenge. People keep telling me I need to play Demon Soul (I would've bought it, but I picked up Alpha Protocol instead).

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.