Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Armada 2526 review

This thread is in response to a review for Armada 2526 on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 11, 2010 (09:58 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

This reviews drops my socks and grabs my throttle, EmP. Generally my review reading goes something like this*: I click on the review. If it's (a) short, I'll go ahead and read it. If it's (b) not short, I'll give it a glance for basic style and come back to it later. When I come back to it, if the introduction grabs me, I'll read that and then maybe the last paragraph and then come back to fill in the middle later. Later, when I come back to read the middle, I may give up altogether and end up becoming distracted by any number of things not related to reading reviews.

However, every once in a while, a review is so well written that this streamlined system is blown out of the water. This review had it all... space monkeys, a tale of betrayal and woe, snappy writing, a fair warning to potential players... I love this review.

* if it's not my turn at ROTW

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: July 11, 2010 (03:42 PM)

Thanks for that, Zipp. I put a lot of work into this one. I even proofed it.

Go on: find something to complain about, WQ! You can't!

I even bullied Will into getting a copy so I can ranclick him to death. That time is coming.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: July 11, 2010 (03:47 PM)

Wanna bet? I'll get to this later and show you. =D

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: July 11, 2010 (04:07 PM)

You. Will. FAIL!

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: July 11, 2010 (04:09 PM)

Excellent review, EmP. I'm kind of glad you're not participating in TT now :)

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Posted: July 12, 2010 (09:11 AM)

...I still wish he was.

Anyway, fail indeed! Don't focus entirely on all of these like you usually do and totally forget the positive. =P This really was a great review, and I like how it gradually built up as you narrate your tale. Honestly, you always seem to amaze me with how, almost without exception, you manage to write interesting reviews for hard-to-write-about genres.

That being said, I do have a few questions. Is this a real time strategy thing like Age of Empires (it sounds like it has elements of that game), or is it a mix of genres like Pacific Storm? It also sounded like it was TBS, too, so I dunno what to think of it.

Also, how long have you been playing this? Did you ever get beyond the tutorial? Haha.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: July 12, 2010 (10:15 AM)

Bah -- you win this round!

Q: Is this a real time strategy thing like Age of Empires (it sounds like it has elements of that game), or is it a mix of genres like Pacific Storm? It also sounded like it was TBS, too, so I dunno what to think of it.

A: It's mostly TBS but when you engage in a battle, you can play it out in real time. Pacific Storm is a reasonable comparison.

Q: Also, how long have you been playing this? Did you ever get beyond the tutorial? Haha.

A: Been playing it a lot for the last few weeks. I'm well past the tutorial, but that made the biggest impression on me, so that's what I decided to write about.

That said, if anyone is looking to pick this up, let me know. It's a game I can see myself hitting up multiplayer maps on if the interest is there.

Thanks to WQ and Suskie for the kind words. Look at it this way; should I join the TT next year, I'll have all this ammo saved up to play with.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: July 12, 2010 (11:02 AM)

It also sounded like it was TBS, too, so I dunno what to think of it.

"dunno" should be "don't know"

=D

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Posted: July 12, 2010 (11:24 AM)

See -- Marc always has my back.

board icon
Author: Leroux
Posted: July 12, 2010 (02:19 PM)

Aw, who cares. This review rocked.

board icon
Posted: July 13, 2010 (09:32 AM)

Thanks, Leroux.

I did not expect this review to go over as well as it has!

board icon
Posted: July 13, 2010 (11:09 AM)

See -- Marc always has my back

Haha. Since when? I thought he stopped reading your reviews ever since you wrote that Happy Lovey Pony Princess game. That is, unless you poked and prodded and whined for him to do so. =P

As for the "I dunno" thing. It's slang and I will use it in casual conversation as I please. I don't nitpick casual conversations, after all. (Though in EmP's case, I certainlycould, hahaha). =P

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: July 13, 2010 (01:11 PM)

Though in EmP's case, I certainlycould...

You need a space in there. =D

Muahaha. Okay, that's my last bit of interference in the Emp-WQ love-hate thing... at least in this particular topic.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: July 13, 2010 (03:04 PM)

EmP, stop making typos that are actual words! They're much harder to spot!

WQ: Irradiated also refers to radiation. Like nukes from orbit, which was how I interpreted that bit.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.