Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > mardraum's Doom review

This thread is in response to a review for Doom on the PlayStation. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: July 09, 2010 (11:35 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

"No wonder the narrator mocks you: the PC version made you earn a lifetime of frivolity."

:D hehe.

"Ask me about DOOM". :p ..I think that you could make the review work for people who haven't played Doom too much with just a few more descriptions like the one about the lava, or the sound effects and music. It'd be obvious that you know what you're talking about, like it is now - but "e3m6" would mean something to people who don't instantly see the console prompt melting off as they read it as well..?

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: JANUS2
Posted: July 09, 2010 (03:28 PM)

Even if you don't recognise "e3m6" it's pretty easy to work out what it means from the context. I know I'm biased, but I don't think there's anything in this review that requires advanced knowledge of Doom (and bluberry explains some things, like the way user made maps instantly devalues a console port). Everyone knows that Doom a FPS. Reviewers don't need to tell us that anymore.

"fuck yeah oblivion" - Jihad

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: July 09, 2010 (09:22 PM)

that actually crossed my mind, but I didn't feel a need to make the review self-contained. there's been enough written about Doom and Doom II, some by yours truly, that any interested parties can go take a look at those reviews instead to see what makes them tick. I like how ti came out, shorter and with more about PSX Doom as a port. thanks for the input, though. glad to know somebody voluntarily read yet another Doom review!

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.