Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > willthegreat's Great War Nations: The Spartans review

This thread is in response to a review for Great War Nations: The Spartans on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: June 10, 2008 (09:18 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Will, I didn't care for this review. In parts it's strictly sectioned and some of the metaphors you use (steak & parsley) just don't really fit. In other parts, like when you're describing mechanics, the writing isn't particularly interesting or even captivating. It's flatly presented.

Since you gave the game a 5/10, perhaps you weren't too excited when you wrote the review, which I can understand. But I would personally like to see a better and more refined incorporation of a game's elements for the future.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Posted: July 02, 2008 (07:19 AM)

bump

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: July 02, 2008 (01:51 PM)

Why bump?

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: July 02, 2008 (02:18 PM)

I didn't know if you saw it. You never said anything.

board icon
Posted: July 02, 2008 (09:58 PM)

Oh.

Yeah, that's cause I kinda agree. This review was much less a labour of love than some of my others.

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: July 02, 2008 (10:08 PM)

I see. I understand that it can be laborious to have to write about a game you're not thrilled to cover. Should you ever find yourself in a similar situation where you don't feel that what you've written stands out, that it's not up to snuff, you should feel confident in asking EmP, Jason, etc. for their views on it prior to releasing it for the whole world to see. I don't know if you do that or not, but I'm saying this not just to you but to everyone.

It's potentially helpful to get a second opinion on something you've written, especially if you're not comfortable or satisfied with it.

If you're feeling particularly daring, you can even ask an elitist such as myself for advice should you ever feel that it's in your best interest. :D

board icon
Posted: July 03, 2008 (01:36 AM)

Well thanks. I'll definitely keep that in mind. ^_^

- Nero Wolfe

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.