Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > wolfqueen001's Beyond Good & Evil review

This thread is in response to a review for Beyond Good & Evil on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: July 01, 2010 (09:40 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I’ll show you for countless nit-picky feedbacks!

I wouldn’t call Beyond Good & Evil a conventional sort of game. Sure, it may combine traditional aspects of adventure games that may not ease skeptics’ cynicism,

Game & games too close together. Is skeptic with a k the yank version of the word? I don’t know!

in the planet’s main lighthouse.

Is it a main lighthouse? It always struck me as some run down place they live in because they can.

Hillys’s

This isn’t strictly wrong, but you already use a s’ clause with the (maybe misspelt) skeptics’. Pick a possessive and stick with it -- or else!

powerful Dai-Jo staff

Daï-Jo. Two dots over the I. Shame on you.

I’ve never played nor even heard of this game, but you make it sound very appealing indeed. Good job on that. Perhaps I’ll pick up a copy.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: July 01, 2010 (09:54 AM)

XD We'll just see about that! Now watch as I successfully defend the majority of my choices!

Game & games too close together. Is skeptic with a k the yank version of the word? I don’t know!

Fair enough about the repetitive word thing. I suppose I can remove that prepositional phrase at the end of the first occurrence altogether and it'll be fine. Or just use a synonym in the latter case. Skeptic, though, is indeed correct. =P

Is it a main lighthouse? It always struck me as some run down place they live in because they can.

Haha, I dunno. I really called it that just to find a way to describe it. And, despite that it seems to be the only lighthouse in the game at first, I'm under the impression that there are indeed more because when you're in the spaceship, there are numerous spotlights and things overhead from various other islands that I assumed served the same purpose of a lighthouse. Though maybe they were just security measures.

This isn’t strictly wrong, but you already use a s’ clause with the (maybe misspelt) skeptics’. Pick a possessive and stick with it -- or else!

Aha! Now I've got you. The first occurrence of the possessive (skeptics') is a plural possessive. Hillys is a singular noun so takes the singular possessive as shown here. There's a foggy grammatical rule regarding singular possessive nouns ending in s that I think only counts for proper important nouns like Jesus or something but I've never been too clear on that so I sometimes make the rule apply to everything. I decided not to this time, though. XD

Daï-Jo. Two dots over the I. Shame on you.

Hahaha. Oh, thanks. I didn't know how to make the umlaut on the keyboard (I should learn those alt codes). I bet you didn't know it was called an umlaut. ...or if I even spelled that right. =D

I’ve never played nor even heard of this game, but you make it sound very appealing indeed. Good job on that. Perhaps I’ll pick up a copy.

XD Stop lying. You reviewed the game yourself. =P (Yes, I know what you're really doing with this statement). Thanks!

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: July 01, 2010 (01:09 PM)

I was going to give you feedback on this but then noticed it is your TT entry and since I am judging I can't do that here.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: July 01, 2010 (06:03 PM)

Jesus'
Moses'
Isis'
Zigfried'

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: July 02, 2010 (10:28 AM)

CD: Yeah, sorry; I knew you'd be giving feedback for the TT, so I didn't intend for that to apply to you.

Haha, Zig. I guess I forgot to clarify that the rule only applies to names ending in "s".

I hate grammar sometimes.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: July 12, 2010 (08:58 AM)

Alright. I'll take a look at that first thing. As for the second, you would be correct. If it's awkward, that's probably because I wanted to phrase it differently than EmP did in his review, otherwise I'd feel like I was plagiarizing, and then I'd probably hate myself.

Thanks for the feedback.

Also, man. That's the last time I try to be a rebel with my grammar, haha. =P

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.