Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's 8-bit Girlfriend [XBLI] review

This thread is in response to a review for 8-bit Girlfriend on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: June 29, 2010 (12:28 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Shame the game is not that good. I thoguht you did a good job of telling us that.

I wondered if you planned to do a review of Breath of Death VII?

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: June 29, 2010 (03:10 PM)

Thanks! Breath of Death is the indie game I most want to cover, but I always get distracted by something else. So, it'll happen, I just don;t know when.

Fantastic game, though. Unlike this one.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: July 16, 2010 (10:15 AM)

Haha. Despite having a strong (and accurate) impression of what this game would be like, I still don't know how to approach the feedback here, maybe because the game is so simple. I guess I'll just say that I'm highly amused at the idea that this game not only exists, but that you actually played and spent money on it (even if it's only a dollar). Even before reading about it, it looked as though it would have similar mechanics to other lousy games of the sort, though not necessarily of the same topic. (that weird fortune telling game for NES that I reviewed came to mind for some reason).

Anyway, it's a short and effective review. Had the time been right for it, this probably would've done really well in the Brevity contest (if it's short enough), but I know you primarily reviewed it for Alpha Marathon ambitions. That's the only reason (besides genuine curiosity anyway) that I can think of for why you'd play such a boring game.

I was going to make a joke about how the world would be if girls were really that shallow, but then I decided not to. XD

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: July 31, 2010 (06:31 AM)

Yes. If.

Thanks for the catches!

For us. For them. For you.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.