Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zigfried's Slime Master review

This thread is in response to a review for Slime Master on the X68000. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: June 13, 2010 (10:01 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Pamela looks a little bit like a girl I met at a party a couple nights ago.

Another killer review, Zig.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: June 13, 2010 (10:11 AM)

Well this game looks disturbing.

_

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: June 15, 2010 (05:07 PM)

I am amused more by the frustration felt as you realize a game you wrote has more depth than something that people actually paid for than by the various editorial tricks. It mirrors my groaning on realizing that, and seeing a list of game programmers, many 16 year olds were writing stuff. Then when I turned 16, with much greater resources, I was still stuck in BASIC or hacking away at some game from several years ago.

This would make an awesome blog entry, but when you review a game about something horribly linear with bad graphics, it only goes so far, so it won't make RotW. To beat up an over-used cliche, you can polish criticism of a turd so much, but it still only criticises turds, which people generally have pretty fixed opinions about. We know where we are with turds. You didn't have much to work with, so as a review, this is a bit unambitious.

Still, I'm glad it's there. As a memoir, it made me remember all the goofy stuff I tried & made me go lock myself somewhere and write a bit about the good/bad old days. Writing reviews should be about more than "I liked this game" but unfortunately there's not enough game here to blend a review with relevant generalizations. I'm glad that didn't stop you from writing/sharing something fun.

P.S. whatever you wrote had nothing on my text adventure, text adventure/RPG, or the one RPG that eventually ran out of memory but would've ROCKED if we'd gotten 128K in our Apple earlier. You can't prove me wrong, either, because my disks got destroyed, too.

Maybe it would've had graphics if Apple Basic didn't suck for that.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.