Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's LEGO Rock Band review

This thread is in response to a review for LEGO Rock Band on the Wii. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: June 13, 2010 (09:15 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

If you heard her try and sing that song, man, the one thing on your mind would be death, too.

Thanks for the catches. recently, only having three typos in a review is some kind of personal record, so here's hoping that part of my game is back on the mend. Have you played the Lego version, Ben? I tend to remember you as someone pretty handy on the gutiar.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: June 13, 2010 (10:27 AM)

Good review. I doubt that it will come as a surprise to you to learn that I actually like the All-American Rejects (their "When the World Comes Down" CD doesn't even really have a song on it that I don't like). Despite that unfortunate snipe, I felt that the review did a nice job of covering your adventures with the sort of game that I expected you to hate... but that you wound up not really hating at all.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: June 13, 2010 (06:32 PM)

This review was well funny.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: June 15, 2010 (09:23 AM)

My disappointment in you, Jason, is tangible.

Thanks for the further catches, Ben. Sadly, I play Rock Band on the Wii. Because I still hang on to enough elitism not to drop money on a plastic drum kit (and, thus, play someone elses copy) when I buy a new cymbal every seven seconds for the real one. They're like brass-flavoured crack to me. I'll still be up for schooling you at FIFA when I'm back online, though.

Thanks, Bloomer! Now, to wait eagerly for Electronic Hero so you can pen a begrudging review on that and complete the circe!

(I'm still half-expecting Lewis to turn up and call me a bunch of names.)

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: June 16, 2010 (09:00 PM)

Oh, I see. So you never actually owned a copy of this after all. This version of the game might also explain why I couldn't find that song on my friend's version of Rock Band 2 even though he'd imported everything from the first and had quite a few downloaded songs. (Though I guess it's possible I just somehow missed it in the set list... though I swear I combed that thing several times.)

I like to make the guys that tackle the drums play YYZ on expert (or at least hard). It's often hilarious, especially when they fail a lot and the rest of us have to save them. I'm also amused when they complain their wrists hurt because none of them are actually real drummers.

I, of course, just stick with the guitar or bass because that's all I've learned to do with the Rock Band / Guitar Hero series and I'm not even that great. I refuse to try and learn anything else because I can't stand the humiliation. (Plus I know I don't have the hand-eye coordination for drumming, and we're not even going to discuss vocals. ...uggggh... XD)

Anyway, this was a fantastic review. The style made it both personal and humorous (in a good way), and I'm still amused at the fact that you were actually charmed into liking a music-themed game of this particular trend, especially with your revulsion of (almost) all things musical.

This game really does seem different(ish) from the other titles in teh Rock Band franchise. After reading the review completely, I don't recognize any of the bands or songs as being on the Rock Band version I've played at my friend's house. From what you describe of it, though, I think I'd prefer the traditional Rock Band set list since I'm really not into the pop stuff (though I do like Queen - you make me sad.)

But yeah. This is great. I think you have a good chance of winning RotW this week.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.