Google+   Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | DS | PS3 | PS4 | PSP | VITA | WII | WIIU | X360 | XB1 | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > wolfqueen001's Resident Evil: Code Veronica X review

This thread is in response to a review for Resident Evil: Code Veronica X on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: May 16, 2010 (11:48 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Nice conclusion. You nailed what playing Code V feels like. And Kudos for mentioning the Bandersnatches. They were terrifying enemies in every respect, not least because they made you waste ammo.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: May 16, 2010 (01:31 PM)

Thanks, Zipp. I think whenever I try to review a horror game, I try to convey the sense of horror it inspires. I think I did this well with my RE4 review, too, but that was an altogether different kind of horror and therefore much easier to write about. I'm still not sure whether I got everything across the way I wanted, but it's done now and I'm strongly disinclined to rewrite things completely once they're done.

Anyway, there is a downside to this kind of mechanic of mine. Many games share a similar kind of horror, so I'd be tempted to review others in this (or other) series the same way. But doing so would get dull, so now I've put myself in a bit of a bind. Like, I wonder what Silent Hill would be like. I sometimes think it's kind of horror is perhaps even more fitting than the way I described it here, but since I already reviewed this game that way, it sort of closes off other options. But oh well. That's a bridge I'll have to cross if I ever get there.

What espiga does in his free time
[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: May 16, 2010 (08:48 PM)

I agree. It is something I'll probably comment on in the tournament. The style seems a little worn out. But I still like the areas you choose to focus on.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

Info | Help | Privacy Policy | Contact | Advertise | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998-2014 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Resident Evil: Code Veronica X is a registered trademark of its copyright holder. This site makes no claim to Resident Evil: Code Veronica X, its characters, screenshots, artwork, music, or any intellectual property contained within. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors.