Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Star Ocean: Till the End of Time review

This thread is in response to a review for Star Ocean: Till the End of Time on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: May 12, 2010 (02:25 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

If this game were not so old I would say the line about the creator is a big spoiler but I suppose most everyone knows by now.

If I had not already played the game I would probably not buy it based on what you said and your score, though I did enjoy the game myself.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: May 15, 2010 (12:43 AM)

In my personal opinion (which always could be completely off base...wouldn't be the first time!), someone who reads this review who's not played the game wouldn't have anything majorly spoiled by my "Creator" line, considering that a good deal of J-RPGs have some sort of shadowy deity figure. It was hard to leave that out, considering how that character appears and acts. He was possibly the greatest "WTF!" moment in the game and I really wish I could have really gone into detail without truly spoiling everything.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: May 15, 2010 (05:58 AM)

This review mirrored my feelings for the game pretty well. I remember at the time I didn't know if I wanted to give it a good or bad score, and instead I settled on a 5. Still haven't beaten the game, though... but I hadn't even gotten to that twist when I wrote the review. Mmm.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.