Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Over Top review

This thread is in response to a review for Over Top on the Arcade. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: May 10, 2010 (12:24 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

"...but, it's only five minutes long."

Heheh. Nice review. Like the merciless: "if the game was made today, the developers would have been lazy!".

..It might seem unclear when you read it at first, if the game just ends after five minutes, or if you can complete it in five minutes (on a quarter), if you're really, really good.

"Problems help elevate the situation, as well: you can't tell where the track borders end,"

.."Elevation makes racing problematic..".. "Elevation raises problems with".. something like that....?

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: May 10, 2010 (12:55 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks for reading. I thought it was a neat game I played once or twice in a Japanese arcade back when it came out, but came to a different conclusion when I had a go with it recently.

And yeah, I could have been much clearer on both those parts. I'll add or rewrite for both. For the first, I meant you can complete the whole game in five minutes. The second one was suppose to feed off the issue talked about in the previous paragraph. I dunno why I thought using the word 'elevate', or using it in that manner, would be a good idea...

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.