Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Enchanted Arms review

This thread is in response to a review for Enchanted Arms on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: May 03, 2010 (02:38 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Wow! Somebody got it! I see this game getting knocked all the time but I really liked it. Atsuma goes through hell.

I felt the battle system while looking simple on the surface was pretty complex. And some of those Golems were just awesome.

Very good review. I really liked the way you wrote about the game. Maybe could have added a tad bit more more about the battle system though. It is quite unique.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: May 03, 2010 (03:30 PM)

You should probably check out Zig's review for the same game. He says near enough what I say but better and with more astrix. In fact, we originally played the game around the same time, but he got his review out first, and it seemed silly having so many staff reviews up for the game at the time. I replayed it recently and had something to say -- so now we have our third piece!

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure what else I could say about the battle system -- it's not really all that unique, but it did certainly work on a pretty awesome scale, making each stage require more planning out than the last.

What i should have mentioned is how the cast all wears the same coloured clothes as their element. Like LoD or the Power Rangers!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: May 03, 2010 (05:48 PM)

It's good to see this game getting more love. Anyone who has developed a newfound interest in FROM (hint to Demon's Souls players) should check it out. This company has cool ideas and fresh approaches.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: May 03, 2010 (09:39 PM)

Great review! From what I've played (up to the big-ass golem fight at the end of the London chapter, where I realized that due to certain plot events, I needed a new water-healer character and have been lazy about powering up the back-up golem one I have), you are spot on.

The story progression is great. One minute, it's comedic (the big strong guy getting motion sickness; the "Disgaea 'Mid-Boss'" ripping on the giggling mini-boss villain), but then something insanely tragic happens and you're wondering exactly why you were laughing just a few minutes ago.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: May 04, 2010 (09:57 AM)

You should have gained Mermaid from Yokohama. She won't need leveling; just pop her in the team and she'll do swimmingly.

Thanks again for the comments.

For us. For them. For you.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.