Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > fleinn's Resonance of Fate review

This thread is in response to a review for Resonance of Fate on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: April 27, 2010 (11:09 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

It felt like your review was as abstract as the game. I enjoyed reading it however. Told me most everything I needed to know about the game. I just might pick it up.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: April 28, 2010 (10:45 AM)

Yeah.. I just didn't know how to write this review. Looking at reviews elsewhere, no one else seems to have been completely certain either.

Specially the fighting system - it's what you will spend most of the time with after all. And it's very original and interesting, no doubt about it. But actually describing it.. :/ "yeah, and it's really good, you know. All game-y and.. good...? You know? Right..?" lol. Doesn't work.

..I was wondering about making it about "old jrpgs against new jrpgs", but I didn't in the end.

Or maybe trying to make it part of the way you move in hexes around the game, and zoom to in and out from the map overview to the small battlefields? ..didn't really work either.

So I think I ended up deliberately not describing the fighting system because of that. Very glad you got something out of this, though :D

(btw - I have not signed up on the "no feedback list". Anyone, feel free to drunkenly or soberly criticise the review as much as you'd like).

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: April 28, 2010 (05:14 PM)

Yeah, I did get something out of it. One of the main reason I come here is to get a different perspective on games from real people and to get their feedback on why they wrote what they did.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.