Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Suskie's Just Cause 2 review

This thread is in response to a review for Just Cause 2 on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: April 25, 2010 (08:08 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

"Making tasks like these mandatory opens up Just Cause 2’s world while simultaneously indulges in the sort of entertainment that this sub-genre was built upon in the first place.

I note with just a tinge of regret that the actual combat is relatively standard shooter fare, minus the cover system that’s practically become industry standard at this point. We’re at the point where any shooter that doesn’t employ a cover system feels a bit dated, and the run-and-gun bits.."

Dude. Perfect segue-way :D (Takes notes)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: radicaldreamer
Posted: April 25, 2010 (02:22 PM)

"Where breadth, substance, actual content is concerned..."

Should be "are."

"That’s a staggering amount of content here..."

Did you mean "There's"?

Really good review. I thought Just Cause 2 looked really cool and now I'm convinced to pick it up.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: April 25, 2010 (09:21 PM)

Yeesh, this review really needed some tightening up -- I was tired last night when I subbed it so I didn't even bother to proofread it until now. Laziness never pays off.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the catches and the comments, although I can't tell if Fleinn is being sarcastic or serious.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Posted: April 25, 2010 (10:36 PM)

No, no, serious. English isn't my first language, so I may not react to sentences that bend grammatical rules, if the sentences still sound right (..that's basically how grammars work in Norwegian :D). And the sentences in this review sound right.

And I thought that break in the review was well done. It happened in the right place, and sneaked in some info about the game's controls without losing the flow, and how much or little the controls really matter.

I didn't mention this either, but you've also managed to clearly split your opinion from your descriptions. It's easy to disagree with how interesting the game is, without thinking your point of view is wrong. Because you describe your view well, and explain exactly why you think as you do. In this case, that helped make a very good review, in my opinion.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: April 25, 2010 (11:59 PM)

Ah, okay -- I wasn't sure what you meant, since just looking at the excerpt, that bit looked hastily inserted to me. But then again I've never been a particularly good judge of my own work.

Anyway, thanks a lot! And that's cool that you're Norwegian. I didn't realize that English was your second language.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Posted: April 26, 2010 (12:23 AM)

Really? lol. No, now that I read it again, you could probably turn the sentence around a bit, so the meaning would be more clear and straight forward. But the rhythm is just right.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.