Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > dogma's Major League Baseball 2K10 review

This thread is in response to a review for Major League Baseball 2K10 on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: April 13, 2010 (08:29 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

) Pitchers (including your created player, if you choose to make a pitcher) are used as if we were playing baseball in the 1890s. Starting pitchers are left out there after they have thrown 120 pitches and given up 5 runs

This bit made me chuckle a bit. MLB Power Pros Success mode suffers from the same problems if you chose to play as a pitcher. The team leaves you out until your arm practically falls off and you are about to fall over, making it a nightmare to get batters out.

After seeing all the commercials about "doing battle", I thought this might be the real deal. From your review, it looks like this franchise still has a long way to go. I'll stick with MLB Power Pros, thank you.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: LowerStreetBlues
Posted: April 14, 2010 (05:04 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I haven't touched this series since the baffling 2K7, which was sealed and shipped with a franchise mode-crippling decimal error. Initial player salaries boomed by a factor of ten league wide (and the news went unmentioned in mainstream reviews -- sort of unreal to think about). Worse, it was visible in the default franchise mode display menu, usually indicating something like:

PROJECTED 2008 INCOME: -440,590,000

Good job not letting a pretty lousy series off the hook yet.

My message board signature!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.